Gibson Brands Forums

Happy GAAGD

sparquelito

(Happy gave-away a guitar day)

I had been advertising a couple of my seldom-played guitars lately, and I think I have a strong contender for buying one of them, and I'll meet with that fellow this weekend.

The other guitar, my Carlo Robelli classical nylon-string acoustic-electric, not so much. One or two fellows showed interest, but, in the end, nobody wanted to pay me what she's worth.

So, on a whim, I drove the guitar over to our local drug & alcohol recovery facility (Bradford Health Services) and I gave it to them.

Those recovering addicts and alcoholics really struggle for hope and sanity while in there, and it seems like having a good guitar to share and play can really help someone to be distracted and happy, if only for a little while at a time.

The director there reports that they like to keep a piano in tune in the day room, and that they like try and have a usable guitar in each of the three wards (womens, mens, and adolescents), but they usually end up getting broken or falling into disrepair.

The lady at the front desk and one of her AC's were really touched with the gesture, and they seemed quite grateful for the gift.

Good times, good karma.

:)

182659.jpg

182701.jpg

The people and the counselors in that place saved the life of somebody very close to me, a few years ago.

(Well. They showed her how to save her own life, incrementally, 12 steps at a time.)

Anyway.

I'm grateful.

[crying]

The people and the counselors in that place saved the life of somebody very close to me, a few years ago.

(Well. They showed her how to save her own life, incrementally, 12 steps at a time.)

Anyway.

I'm grateful.

[crying]

What a great way to show your appreciation. Very cool

I gave a guitar away this week too. When I was a child my parents weren't really there for us and my cousin Linda used to take me shopping and make clothes for my Action Man. I remember she made a cowboy suit for him that was great. I've always held her deeds in my heart and her granddaughter asked if I had a tuner button last week. She's 14 and a very pretty girl. She's been having lessons and is very eager to get on. I didn't know this and when I saw what she was playing I felt guilty. So I had an acoustic that I'd bought and never used. I gave it too her. My sister took it over and said she was over the moon and hasn't put it down since. Great. It makes me feel good and I hope she grows up to understand how giving really is a s good as receiving.

ZPWMvdW.jpg

H1yW5rw.jpg

Archived