Gibson Brands Forums

Greta Van Fleet release new track

Rabs

First track from the album coming soon..

I was wondering if they would stick to the "Led Zep" sound or go another way... Seems like they are firmly sticking to what they know.. Don't love it, don't hate it.. Right down the middle of the road for me.

I can`t seem to like them, if I want Led Zep then it is them that I`ll listen to.

Sadly I have to agree..

I was thinking earlier if Zep had never existed and this band came along id probably love it.. But it still just sounds like sub par Zeppelin to me.. I don't want to think that cos I like that they are getting out there and doing well, but I do?

I've done a 180 on these guys.

They've grown on me

and I like them now. .

They do have a few songs

where they don't sound like Zeppelin at all.

I don't think the singer is sub-par Plant.

I actually like his voice better than Plants.

I like the new song too.

Ok, let the arrows fly.

Pretty rockin' - nice job boys! [thumbup]

Cool riffs and a sweet solo, with pounding drums...very much to my taste in rock.

I've never been super keen on high pitch Axl/Percy/Johno style vocal, but it's not bad, and having a clean vocal is almost a novelty post metal/grunge.

Heres a live version for you then :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riPA80M4djM

Yeah, that was a good version. I love that SG he plays. If your interested lookup their rig rundown with premier guitar. He had it held together with duct tape. I guess the seam between planks started to separate near the electronics plate. I've heard Jake also say he'd love to have a firebird too. That would be awesome to see him jammin' on a bird.

Initially I rolled my eyes at these guys but in a moment of boredom I bought their 8 song CD since it was so cheap and I have to say I like them. Every song is great including the one that is a cover and I do not think that every song sounds like Zep.

I am more of a Black Sabbath style person, never held Zeppelin as high as many do but GVF seems to have energized a lot of folks and there is excitement for a new band even if they sound like Zep or the Black Crows.

I have noticed that many Zeppelin fans seem to take it too personally, when a band copies Black Sabbath is seen more of a compliment.

GVF's singer has pipes, passes Plant with seemigly little effort. Simply incredible.

Just my opinion. I'll probably buy their new CD when it comes out.

Rockin out live. I'd see em if they come down this way for sure!

Edit...seems the video I loaded is now banned off YT. Damn.

I agree Riffster, not all songs are so close to Led Zep. The singer is actually pretty incredible - how many can sing like Plant or Lee in the first place and completely nail it, but I reckon with maturity his voice might even enter Dio territory, and that just doesn't happen! A special talent, and the bass player 'ken rocks too for that matter.

Archived