Gibson Brands Forums

ANNOUNCEMENT - GIBSON FORUMS UPGRADE!!

Admin

Gibson Forums is getting an upgrade!

We're migrating to the newest version of IP to keep the forums running smoothly. Browser compatibility, enhanced security, mobile optimization, and more are coming!

What impact will this have to you, the community?

Hopefully the transition will be seamless and the site will look better and run faster. That said, things sometimes happen (even though we have IP itself doing the migration), so we will be providing a way for you to report any quirks that may pop up.

We'll update you with timing and the outage time for cutover as soon as we can.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The search (which is how recent widgets work) is still indexing the complete site, Let's give it a day to populate and it should appear in the Activity tab 🙂

If not, I can dive in and find the appropriate widget/module.

I'm not a fan of the new appearance. 

It seems cheaper-looking, and clumsy. 

But I understand website upgrades and system changes to keep things on pace with modern web protocols, so I guess I can live with it. 

Rock on. 
Play your guitar. 
:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I'm not a fan of the new appearance. 

It seems cheaper-looking, and clumsy. 

But I understand website upgrades and system changes to keep things on pace with modern web protocols, so I guess I can live with it. 

Rock on. 
Play your guitar. 
🙂

Yeah.. Not a fan so far...  I get that its consistent with the look of the main site..  But I don't like white everywhere.. Makes the screen more glarey and harder to read.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say that I, too, really don't like the vast amount of white for the same reason mentioned by Rabs.  It's very fatiguing on the eyes after a short period of time.

I like the cleaner look and I'm sure once I get to spend a bit more time I will work out the new features but, for now, my eyes hurt...

Pip.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pippy said:

I'm sorry to say that I, too, really don't like the vast amount of white for the same reason mentioned by Rabs.  It's very fatiguing on the eyes after a short period of time.

I like the cleaner look and I'm sure once I get to spend a bit more time I will work out the new features but, for now, my eyes hurt...

Pip.

agree

For some reason, I can no longer log in and stay logged in. When I go to the existing user log in and click on it, the log-in block  comes up and is populated with my email address and a password that I can't view. When I click sign in, it says user name or password invalid. If I then empty the password field and enter my last password and try to log in, it says user name or password invalid, and locks my account until I go through the password re-set protocol, which allows me to log in once, but then I have to go through this same password re-set protocol if I come back to the page later.

I'm not a casual user either of the forum or of computers. I work at a computer about 10 hours a day. I have not experienced this issue anywhere else. I have tried several different browsers to see if it functions differently, but it does not. I'm primarily using Microsoft edge, but have also tried Chrome.

17 hours ago, j45nick said:

For some reason, I can no longer log in and stay logged in. When I go to the existing user log in and click on it, the log-in block  comes up and is populated with my email address and a password that I can't view. When I click sign in, it says user name or password invalid. If I then empty the password field and enter my last password and try to log in, it says user name or password invalid, and locks my account until I go through the password re-set protocol, which allows me to log in once, but then I have to go through this same password re-set protocol if I come back to the page later.

I'm not a casual user either of the forum or of computers. I work at a computer about 10 hours a day. I have not experienced this issue anywhere else. I have tried several different browsers to see if it functions differently, but it does not. I'm primarily using Microsoft edge, but have also tried Chrome.

I have the same problem.  I have to reset my password every time I log on.  I hope you can fix that soon.

I cannot login unless I reset my password every time. It does not accept my usual name and password. Everytime I leave the site it kicks me off and the only way I can log back on is to reset my password.

I had some issues at first...  It was something to do with my display name vs my actual registered user name which is different for some reason.  I think in the end  I logged in using my display name rather than my actual user name.. But I cant remember now..

• Like 3