Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Forum closing Mar 20, 2020

Eracer_Team

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Never been there, but I'm surprised. Any idea why?

They’re going to concentrate on social media like Facebook and the like. Easier for them to bombard you with advertising 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a member of that forum.

it's an "interesting" place.  There's a few guys that make the day to day living over there a bit tenacious.  I won't name names, but these sorted few really give the place a bad aroma.

This forum (Gibson)   is far more friendly, especially to new comers.   not so much over there...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I am a member of that forum.

it's an "interesting" place.  There's a few guys that make the day to day living over there a bit tenacious.  I won't name names, but these sorted few really give the place a bad aroma.

This forum (Gibson)   is far more friendly, especially to new comers.   not so much over there...

Yeah the Gibson forum is much friendlier. This forum is a more mature crowd I think. 

3 hours ago, labomba said:

Yeah the Gibson forum is much friendlier. This forum is a more mature crowd I think. 

well... not really   In particular one of the guys who continually stirs up the most discontent is probably my age or older (I'm 62)...  a special kind of rude and obnoxious sort..   I just stay away, and mostly read only if I'm looking for something.

21 minutes ago, kidblast said:

well... not really   In particular one of the guys who continually stirs up the most discontent is probably my age or older (I'm 62)...  a special kind of rude and obnoxious sort..   I just stay away, and mostly read only if I'm looking for something.

Yep, Always 1 in every crowd. Im 63 The wife is constantly telling me to act my age. 🤪

1 hour ago, rct said:

Is this the Telecaster page you speak of?  If so, no great loss.

rct

no this is the fender company forum. The  Tdpri.com Tele forum is not related I don’t think and there was no mention of shutting down last time i was on it. 

10 minutes ago, labomba said:

no this is the fender company forum. The  Tdpri.com Tele forum is not related I don’t think and there was no mention of shutting down last time i was on it. 

k.  I never really spent any time at the Fender Forum.  Everybody there knows as much as I do and loves them as much as I do so not much to do.  tdpri gave me the lifetime ban stick a couple decades ago.

rct

Well, that is a surprise. I am a member of both this & Fender's forum.

Like many of you, I check out the Gibson forum frequently & sometimes go to the Fender forum, but it is not as  informative or updated as the Gibson forum is for me.

I will miss it, but it won't be any great loss...

15 hours ago, rct said:

k.  I never really spent any time at the Fender Forum.  Everybody there knows as much as I do and loves them as much as I do so not much to do.  tdpri gave me the lifetime ban stick a couple decades ago.

rct

We need you here due to your Ph.d in Guitar Transport Devices aka Cases.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

The one real thing that is good about the fender forum is there are about 4 or 5 amp techs that fix fender amps all the time that frequent that forum.

They've helped a lot of people out with advice, information, sources for parts, and schematics..  That part will be unfortunate to not have any more.  But maybe they still participate with the new formats.

13 minutes ago, kidblast said:

The one real thing that is good about the fender forum is there are about 4 or 5 amp techs that fix fender amps all the time that frequent that forum.

They've helped a lot of people out with advice, information, sources for parts, and schematics..  That part will be unfortunate to not have any more.  But maybe they still participate with the new formats.

We have BBP, in Tennessee. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We have BBP, in Tennessee. 

yes we do.  We also had a guy (Searchy) who is in the nashville area that is expert at pickup repair/restoration/building.  He used to be here quite a lot, haven't heard from him much laterly

Well no loss for me.  I bought a Strat maybe a year and half ago, and tried to sign up for the company forum.  I had a few specific questions about it and thought that would be the place to ask.  But for some reason I could never get signed on properly to post my questions.  I could view some topics that came close, but could not start my own topic - weird.  But if it's gone now, then not to worry.

Fender pulled the plug at about 10:20 AM EDST this morning. They said there wasn't enough activity on the site to justify keeping it going. Oh well. My Epi EB-0 are playing along just fine.

M0HoUS0.jpg

2 minutes ago, MrNylon said:

Fender pulled the plug at about 10:20 AM EDST this morning. They said there wasn't enough activity on the site to justify keeping it going. Oh well. My Epi EB-0 are playing along just fine.

M0HoUS0.jpg

And what a mighty fine bass it is

• Like 1