Gibson Brands Forums

VCD Vintage Car Day

Californiaman

Those high winding 289s were cool.  Is yours an automatic or 3/4 speed?  A buddy of mine in high school, his mom had a white hardtop with the 289 and 3 speed, how we were not killed in that thing still amazes me.  Yours looks nice and straight - not my favorite color, but still really cool.  Enjoy and be safe.

1 hour ago, Twang Gang said:

Those high winding 289s were cool.  Is yours an automatic or 3/4 speed?  A buddy of mine in high school, his mom had a white hardtop with the 289 and 3 speed, how we were not killed in that thing still amazes me.  Yours looks nice and straight - not my favorite color, but still really cool.  Enjoy and be safe.

It”s an automatic. 

2 hours ago, Californiaman said:

I've finally got my '68 Mustang back in California after having a lot of work done on it in Idaho.

While it isn't perfect, no you can see I have to replace the Mustang badges on it and do a couple of other minor repairs, it is drivable and a lot of fun to drive.

JZ4DGlyl.jpg

8Rsj6bdl.jpg

Isfd34tl.jpg

HHkDmjdl.jpg

dEaytkbl.jpg

Had a 65 mustang traded it for a one ton dually truck. Mustangs are cool. Yours is very nice.