Gibson Brands Forums

If the world ended and you could only keep one guitar.

Basshole

If the world ended and I was the only survivor and there was electricity (and I knew electricity would be working forever), I would go around taking whatever guitars I could find... then just seat and play them all... compare them and post the results here for no one to see.

For me, it would have to be my 1993 Taylor 612C. It was my first great guitar and has special meaning since I purchased it the year my daughter was born. She is my only guitar playing kid out of 4 kids so it will be her's (along with all my guitars) when I am gone, but not only is it my personal #1 guitar, it is her favorite too.

Plus, if the world ended, there would likely be no electricity so an acoustic would be a must!

Besides, she is sooooo pretty!

PICT3385.jpg

PICT3386.jpg

I would keep my 07 SG standard (all one piece body, not the two piece bullshit). Say what you want about the recent SGs but if you search through a ton of them (96 to be exact) you CAN find a badass guitar... barely...

Well, if the world ended, we wouldn't be here, to play them/it, anyway, so...???

But, just for the fun of it...it would be my First, which I still own...a 1964 L Series Fender Strat!

No doubt about it.

Now, if the question was "Which Gibson Guitar would you keep...that's a lot tougher

question, for me. But, it would probably be either my LP Custom, or "Lucille," and

my Fender Twin Reverb.

CB

Archived