Gibson Brands Forums

NGDS, IOI, &IOIW

sparquelito

UPS Tracking says she'll be here tomorrow afternoon.

Man, I'm getting excited.

I'm taking the afternoon off work anyway, to take advantage of daylight and good weather to do some fence installation in my back yard and my woods.

The 4x4's go into the ground tomorrow, and stringers go up the next day. 

🙂

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:11 PM, sparquelito said:

UPS Tracking says she'll be here tomorrow afternoon.

Man, I'm getting excited.

I'm taking the afternoon off work anyway, to take advantage of daylight and good weather to do some fence installation in my back yard and my woods.

The 4x4's go into the ground tomorrow, and stringers go up the next day. 

🙂

So did your Indy come in?

3 hours ago, mihcmac said:

So did your Indy come in?

Sadly, no. 
I worked on the fence and in the woods until dark, listening for the UPS truck, but he never came. 

Later on, the UPS Tracking info on the company  website fell completely off the grid. 

This morning, I got an email informing me that the package will be delivered on Friday afternoon now, after it takes a detour thru Memphis. 
Hopefully it won't make a trip thru Phoenix on its way to northern Alabama. 

I swear, I will NEVER ship anything thru UPS. 
I have so much better luck with FedEx, and the customer service (in this town anyway) is vastly superior. 

🤨

The guitar arrived today. 

Sadly, I was in the middle of some task-intensive landscaping and fence-building down in my woods.

I did unbox it and check it out to make sure it wasn't damaged in shipping, and then so back to work. 
It was in fantastic condition. 
All is well with that guitar. 

11 straight hours of back-breaking manual labor today. 
Luckily I have two helpers coming over tomorrow to finish putting up the fence, so I should be able to play and review the guitar by later in the afternoon, hopefully. 
😑

• Like 2

Seven hours of hard work yesterday, and with help from my brother and the ex-Marine son of a good friend, we got the picket fence done. 

Here's the end result of all that manual labor. 

The dogs were previously confined to the black wrought iron fence, but now they get the run of some of my woods. 

Sophie loves it. 
Guitar review to come in a short while. 

🙂

5WJywBY.jpg

uaQZedF.jpg

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally, I found myself with an hour this evening to relax with the new Indy T-2 guitar.

I'm really pleased with it.
The fit, finish, and feel are really nice.

It's heavy.
8 lbs, 10 ounces.
But it feels pretty comfortable strapped on.

The red paint and racing stripe are sporty, and nicely done.
Neck plate tells me that she's number 057 of 100 made.
Really cool number.
My first wife was born in 1957.
Not that that makes any sense necessarily.

The single pickup is expressive, warm, and tasty.
Capable of some trebly bite, to be sure.
But amazingly deep, and comfortable, like a cinnamon bun fresh out of the oven, with a dab of butter melting over it.

Volume and Tone Knobs are nicely graduated, and they offer tonal options and versatility that you normally don't find in a single pickup guitar.

I opened the single back plate and examined the pots and wiring.
Really nicely done, and properly shielded.
The pots have no numbers on them, but rather an odd, abstract, almost Suzuki-like 'S' logo stamped on them.

I plugged her into my Crate V18 tube amp, found a comfortable Master and Gain, and I played thru the main chords, riffs, and arpeggios of Def Leppard's song Hysteria.

Then I plugged in a Les Paul, and then a Tele, and then a Gretsch.
And played the exact same figures. Using bridge pickups. Same Volume and Tone guitar settings.
Over and over, and then came back to the red T-2.
And played them again.

The sounds and tones are unique, and can't be described simply or categorically as 'Tele-like', or 'classic Filter-tron'. Definitely a singular and engaging sound.

All in all, a really rewarding outcome to a long wait for an odd guitar that cost just three hundred bones.
She's a keeper.

🙂

indy-t21-jpg.783739

indy-t2-headstock-jpg.783740

indy-t2-neck-plate-jpg.783741

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Great review (but I wanna hear it now) 🙃

Let me figure out the best way to offer that up. 

The webcam and mic in this elderly computer aren't all that great. 
I'll probably have to record a purely audio segment back in the music room, and then move that on to chirbit. 

This evening after work, mebbe. 

😐

• Thanks 1

I am glad you are happy with the guitar and that it has a unique sound, which I believe will get it played a lot more than if it was just a weak imitation of some other guitar.  When I saw the price of it I was worried that the "you get what you pay for" would jump up and bite  you, but sounds like you found a bargain.  Congrats and enjoy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

I am glad you are happy with the guitar and that it has a unique sound, which I believe will get it played a lot more than if it was just a weak imitation of some other guitar.  When I saw the price of it I was worried that the "you get what you pay for" would jump up and bite  you, but sounds like you found a bargain.  Congrats and enjoy! 

Thanks, Twang Gang. 

About the only down-side I can name is the weight. 

That, and, upon playing her some this morning, the tiny adjustment screws (two-per) each intonation saddle;
They are a bit rough at the top of each allen head. 
I have played many guitars where they are flush down into the chrome bit, and other guitars where they stand tall above it. 

These are only mildly above, with the exception of the heavy-gauge E-string, but they aren't particularly smooth against the meat of my right hand. 
And I'm a palm-muting player on many occasions, so I am going to have to figure out how to smooth those out a bit. 
Maybe a Dremel with a soft, fine tip?

Or perhaps I could remove them one at a time, grind the bottoms off a bit, and reinstall them. 
The action is just fine as it is, and I don't want to raise it just to submerge those rascals down into the housing. 
😐

vSLC1LW.jpg