Gibson Brands Forums

Veteran's Day!

brad1

I just want to thank all the Military Veteran's for their service to our Country. Today is a National Holiday here in the U.S.

My Father retired from the Air Force a Lt. Colonel after serving 28 years. One tour of Vietnam. He was a Navigator, the last of his kind. (they phased out navigators).

I comend those who feel the call to duty. I am so honored to have men and women who defend our great nation, and have for so long.

Not only was my life wonderful as a kid; I got to live in some really cool places. But today I have the day off from work.

So I thought, why not spend a few mintues on my day off and start a thread on this Veteran's Day. 

And say, "Thank You Military Veteran's for all you do!" God bless you! 

Edited by brad1
  • Like 3

=D>

Military personnel with poppy wreaths at Paddington Station, for 'Poppies to Paddington'. The Great Western Railway and The Veterans Charity transported memorial wreaths from around the UK into London's Paddington Station, where the wreaths were laid around the station's war memorial.

_115366836_022.56574237.jpg

People at the Tommy statue, officially named 1101, on Terrace Green, by the seafront in Seaham, County Durham.

_115366832_hi064291178.jpg

We all enjoy freedom thanks to those who serve

• Like 2

A song I wrote on Veteran's Day years ago, and promptly sang at on open mic night that evening. 

Elements of my own life in the Army in there, and also feelings from growing up as an Army brat. 
Forgive the rough recording, and also the dated, humorous political reference. It was penned nearly ten years ago I reckon. 

😐

http://chirb.it/sgDDqL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

A song I wrote on Veteran's Day years ago, and promptly sang at on open mic night that evening. 

Elements of my own life in the Army in there, and also feelings from growing up as an Army brat. 
Forgive the rough recording, and also the dated, humorous political reference. It was penned nearly ten years ago I reckon. 

😐

http://chirb.it/sgDDqL

I liked your song Sparky!

First time I ever heard a song about Veteran's Day. Thanks for sharing![smile]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

I was in the Army so long ago it seems like another life and the attitude toward military was completely different. Many thanks to all who served..

Yeah back in the 60's/70's service members were spit on and now for some reason all the 18 year olds who can't put their phone down for 2 seconds who serve, are all Hero's. They guys who got Bin Laden are Hero's. I just did my 23 and did what I was told.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah back in the 60's they were spit on and now for some reason all the 18 year olds who can't put their phone down for 2 seconds who serve, are all Hero's. They guys who got Bin Laden are Hero's. I just did my 23 and did what I was told.

No matter the political environment, they all deserve out thanks...

16 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

No matter the political environment, they all deserve out thanks...

No doubt. I salute any one who served, but we are all not hero's.  I was in the first Gulf War and I am in no way shape or form a hero.

I did play Guitar Hero.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Thank you to all who Served & Serve....

Our Family Cemetary is very sobering on days like this.. I'm reminded of my Dad, Uncles & Great Uncles, who Served in WWI, WWII & Korean War... They are no longer with but they are my Heroes... 

Also, my Brothers, Cousins who Served that are still with us & my Brothers in law who have Passed on. 

Also, my Son in Laws.. 

I am a Vietnam Veteran..

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah back in the 60's/70's service members were spit on and now for some reason all the 18 year olds who can't put their phone down for 2 seconds who serve, are all Hero's. They guys who got Bin Laden are Hero's. I just did my 23 and did what I was told.

That was a pretty long run on service Sgt.  Congrats on your service.  Our son is a member here on the forum. He never comments and rarely ever visits here but does come to read here or there so I never know when he does visit.  He goes by Omaha or Omaha'n and he may have dropped off a while back also. Anyway, they wanted  him to re-enlist  and all the guys had to throw their hats overboard to see if they floated or sunk.  If it  floated, the answer was Yes but if it sunk the answer was No.  So John tied his hat to an anchor and threw it overboard.  Then jumped and cheered that it sunk, LOl. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Our Family Cemetary is very sobering on days like this.. I'm reminded of my Dad, Uncles & Great Uncles, who Served in WWI, WWII & Korean War... They are no longer with but they are my Heroes... 

Also, my Brothers, Cousins who Served that are still with us & my Brothers in law who have Passed on. 

Also, my Son in Laws.. 

I am a Vietnam Veteran..

Yep, I have a 8 or 9 uncles alone and a couple of cousins that served.  My best friend as a kid lost his 4 brothers in war.  All of them are gone now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Also, my Son in Laws.. 

I am a Vietnam Veteran..

Vietnam, They missed my number and I didn't have to go. They wouldn't have taken me anyway. In High school I had a terrible accident at home and darn near cut the left arm off. The bone was the only thing holding it on.