Gibson Brands Forums

NDG : Warning Martin content, so most should not look it may burn your eyes.

Sgt. Pepper

The 00-18 got here a half hour or so ago. I'm gonna let it sit for a few hours then open her up. It is supposed to have 12's on it so 11's are going on. Just like the Robert Plant album Pictures At Eleven.

One down one to go. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

• Sgt. Pepper changed the title to NDG : Warning Martin content, so most should not look it may burn your eyes.
1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Very nice.  I just watched a review on it and it "exudes sonic excellence".

Let us know what you think, please.

It is nothing like a Dread and even much smaller than my 000 (duh). Love these small things. The action on it was killer ( and there is a ton left in the saddle, and I don't think it needs a neck reset maybe next week and the binding has not popped off yet) and it had one small ding on it that was disclosed by the owner (I've done worse to some of my axes) and basic surface scratches I would put on over time. Great guitar at a great price. Tomorrow after the strings stretch I'm gonna get intimate with it. I'm getting ready to eat and drink a beer and watch some NCAA hoops. Come on Zaga. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Got my little baby guitar right next to me. Put a set of whatever the Martin strings are with the green bullseye on it just to use up the second to last pack I have. I think they are PB's.  Dig the small guitar. It is light as a feather. I'm gonna check online and see if this guitar was ever registered. 

Checked tracking and the HD-28V made it to NC. So tomorrow I should hopefully have another NGD. 

• Like 1

Congrats!   There's nothing quite like getting a new guitar!  More personal than a new car.  More 'real'.  You can go faster in a guitar than a car.  Get more 'artistic'.  Getting one that needs a couple of tweaks makes you feel like your bonding with it - better and quicker than by smelling the new nitro smell of a new one!   I prefer 'previously owned' with a minor couple of dings.  I don't feel like I'm 'bonding'  when I put the first dent in a car or a guitar.   Maybe "Bondo-ing" if it's a bad dent.    

She looks like a sweetie - bet she sounds like it too !  

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Great guitar at a great price.

Congrats.  Yeah, Martins have got the history and the fine fit-n-finish thing and the tone, but man, they're typically just so blah looking -- blingless!  I can understand the idea that because of the presumed great tone, "we don't need no stinking bling."  But still, I like me a little bling.  Not an overly amount, mind you -- a subtle amount of bling.  Like here: beyond the fancy fret markers, this guitar happened to come with emeralds atop the tuning posts.  I would have bought the guitar anyway, but that was a nice little subtle addition!

f50r562.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cougar said:

Congrats.  Yeah, Martins have got the history and the fine fit-n-finish thing and the tone, but man, they're typically just so blah looking -- blingless!  I can understand the idea that because of the presumed great tone, "we don't need no stinking bling."  But still, I like me a little bling.  Not an overly amount, mind you -- a subtle amount of bling.  Like here: beyond the fancy fret markers, this guitar happened to come with emeralds atop the tuning posts.  I would have bought the guitar anyway, but that was a nice little subtle addition!

f50r562.jpg

I owned a D-41, it had bling, and I was also told the bling on it was to much by a members or two here. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

31 minutes ago, Brucebubs said:

Nice, do they make one for men?

I think they do, I have 4 Dreadnoughts too.

46 minutes ago, Dave F said:

jMn1gC.gif

I was expecting a little more bling 😉

No real bling on a Martin till the 40 series. 35's have bound necks if that is considered bling. Everything in the 20's and below just has biding on the body or not. 

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think they do, I have 4 Dreadnoughts too.

No real bling on a Martin till the 40 series. 35's have bound necks if that is considered bling. Everything in the 20's and below just has biding on the body or not. 

I see you moved the D41. I've been seriously downsizing and decided to get down to one Martin D guitar. Some beautiful ones left including two D41's and I am down to one D and one M. Enjoy the new ones.

8 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I see you moved the D41. I've been seriously downsizing and decided to get down to one Martin D guitar. Some beautiful ones left including two D41's and I am down to one D and one M. Enjoy the new ones.

I am and will. The new baby guitar is really cool. I should be picking up the HD-28V tomorrow at the Fed Ex store. I can't think of anything else I need, want is different. I do not need or want another 12er, tuning one of those in enough. The 41 was a really great sounding guitar and the bling did not bother me one bit, It was just more high end than I needed. The 28V will fill the void nicely. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1