Gibson Brands Forums

fathers day

jvi

hope all the dads have a great day and get to hang with the kids....barbie-Q  ? gifts ?   actaually  just seeing them will be great.

a shout out to those who will have a less than great one....

Im thinking that perhaps there should be a step parent day as well.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My wife, who WAS step Mother to my daughters, would get Mother's Day greetings and flowers from them.  And I would happily give my Step Father Father's Day greetings and gifts over the years. I would suppose that all depends on the relationships between the children and Step parents. 

I too, will wish all Dads here in these forum a good Father's Day.  

Whitefang

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep.    Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Step Fathers Day, Step Mothers Day.  Foster Mother,  Foster Father...   Uncles and Aunties ?   Maybe we should  just have a  "Modern Family Month" ?  

sounds good , maybe have it everyday...."" or  even a   "be good to everyone day"

18 minutes ago, saturn said:

Same to you all.  My youngest son got us two tickets to Orioles game today. Even though they are pretty bad (understatement) it's always nice to go to Camden Yards for a game. 

What is bad? The seats? Or the Orioles?

or both?

7 hours ago, brad1 said:

What is bad? The seats? Or the Orioles?

or both?

I don't know about saturn and his boy's seats, but the Orioles are drawing bad air this year.  But, really, the Orioles are just two players away from the post season - Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer.

11 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep.    Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Step Fathers Day, Step Mothers Day.  Foster Mother,  Foster Father...   Uncles and Aunties ?   Maybe we should  just have a  "Modern Family Month" ?  

I got a 21 year old son and a 23 year old daughter. And one 26 year old step son, which my wife refers to my kids as bonus kids. 

Happy Dad Day all to all the Days. We earned it I guess?

I'm an A's fan. Any remember Billy Ball. We haven't done any thing since the year of the earthquake when we beat the Giant and then back in the early 70's with legends like Vida Blue, Sal Bando, Catfish Hunter, Reggie Jackson, and Rollie Fingers. We did have Rickey Henderson steal a lot of bases in the 80's. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Happy Father's Day to all with that job title.  Got an excellent bottle of bourbon from the kids (good for colds, cleaning paint brushes, and just tastes damn fine).  Hanging out on the deck tonight with a neat glassful.

• Like 1

Merci- yes.  The love we get to see in our kids eyes on this day is the best gift of all.  Adopted, biological, fostered - they are all our children if we are truly their fathers.   

My oldest son took me out with his family to the lake. Anchored and our middle son pulled up in his boat with his family.  Drank beer (they prefer those fruity seltzers)  and floated on various types of floaties for 3 hours.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

we absolutely should. but lets just call it Sophia Vergara Day ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I would not kick her out of bed for eating crackers even with peanut butter on them.

I suspect that if anyone was doing the kicking, it'd be HER.  [wink]   I'd get both feet on my backside  for sure.

Reminds me of a bit JAY LENO did in a monologue  when he hosted the Tonight Show.....

"A recent study reports that 62% of married men say that if they had it to do all over again they'd marry the same woman.  And THAT woman is SALMA HAYEK!"  [flapper]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I suspect that if anyone was doing the kicking, it'd be HER.  [wink]   I'd get both feet on my backside  for sure.

Reminds me of a bit JAY LENO did in a monologue  when he hosted the Tonight Show.....

"A recent study reports that 62% of married men say that if they had it to do all over again they'd marry the same woman.  And THAT woman is SALMA HAYEK!"  [flapper]

Whitefang

She is yummy too and her two flotation devices.

• Like 1

Haven’t been to O’s stadium since the 90’s. Seems like now all the stadiums are named after banks. What happened that they weren’t named after banks pre-1995?

I used to go to Memorial Stadium with my Dad when I was a kid. Those were the days!!!