Gibson Brands Forums

Own shares of a Gibson Guitar

Rabs

I was about to heap my disgust  with Gibson and JC on top here -  but thought I'd open Rabs link first.

The offering is not from Gibson - but some  'internet ap' called  "RALLY" 

They clarify:   "We source, verify, and acquire the most noteworthy items from collections and individuals all over the world."They offer shares in baseball cards, comic books  and Porches.   I would question whether Gibson is a partner with Rally, as they claim.   This reminds me of  "The Pet Rock" scam of my childhood.  The internet just makes it possible to fool more people more of the time.  

10 hours ago, jvi said:

the artical I read said Gibson has  partnered with Rally to produce blah blah blah  etc.

"the truth is out there "    JT Kirk

Not to quibble, but the article  said 'partnered with Rally to offer an opportunity...'     Nobody is producing anything except smoke and mirrors.  'Partnering' is also a vague, vaporous concept. 

It does seem Mr. Curleigh has found a new way to fundamentally transform a guitar company.   Explains why San Francisco Levis made in Mexico are sold as a 'lifestyle brand'. 

"Part ownership"?

Sounds as bad as those "time share" vacation property scams of the '90's. :rolleyes:

I mean, are they saying there will be times the "rare" and "prototype" guitar will be in your possession?  And if not, why not?  And if not, then where did my money go?   And who will provide the brokering if I wish to sell my "share" and recover some or all of my "investment"?  

Whitefang

Ive thought about this topic and I think I would be happier with G if the price of standard models was lower and if they used USA tuners  and if they would quit trying to re-invent the wheel .Still, I gotta have at least one. ( a whole one )

• Like 1

I want to own 1/9,000,000,000,000,000th of a guitar I will never hold or play or get to see in person. I hope some of you Gibson fan boys jumped at chance to be a part of this ridiculous greed inspired scam. Anyone willing to own up and say they plopped $5 down to own a piece of Gibson PROTOTYPE guitar history? If you did  . . .  you choose the word that comes to mind on how smart a decision it was. I'll bet anyone's share probably decreased 10 fold since this went public. JC's kids gotta eat too. What a crock of s-hit. Not sure who is to blame for this, Rally or Gibson, probably both.

Later B-itch's. I'll be back to comment on stupid stuff when needed. 

Yeah make fun of Martin now. They never did any lame stunts like this . . . at least that I am aware of. This Levi's guy may be worse than Henry J and I thought that was not possible.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I want to own 1/9,000,000,000,000,000th of a guitar I will never hold or play or get to see in person. I hope some of you Gibson fan boys jumped at chance to be a part of this ridiculous greed inspired scam. Anyone willing to own up and say they plopped $5 down to own a piece of  Gibson PROTOTYPE guitar history? If you did you did . . .  you choose the word that comes to mind on how smart a decision it was. I'll bet anyone's share probably decreased 10 fold since this went public. JC's kids gotta eat too. What a crock of s-hit. Not sure who is to blame for this, Rally or Gibson, probably both.

Later *****es. I'll be back to comment on stupid stuff when needed. 

Yeah Make fun of Martin now. They never did any lame stunts like this . . . that I am aware of.

Glad to hear your stupid stuff comments again, ahhh  Sarge...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I want to own 1/9,000,000,000,000,000th of a guitar I will never hold or play or get to see in person. I hope some of you Gibson fan boys jumped at chance to be a part of this ridiculous greed inspired scam. Anyone willing to own up and say they plopped $5 down to own a piece of  Gibson PROTOTYPE guitar history? If you did you did . . .  you choose the word that comes to mind on how smart a decision it was. I'll bet anyone's share probably decreased 10 fold since this went public. JC's kids gotta eat too. What a crock of s-hit. Not sure who is to blame for this, Rally or Gibson, probably both.

Later B-itch's. I'll be back to comment on stupid stuff when needed. 

Yeah Make fun of Martin now. They never did any lame stunts like this . . . at least that I am aware of. This Levi's guy may be worse than Henry J and I thought that was not possible.

still rude eh ?  - I thought you left ....?