Gibson Brands Forums

Lord of the Rings Tv series Trailer

Rabs

On 2/14/2022 at 11:50 PM, valtyr said:

I hope it's good.  I liked the LOTR films more than the Hobbit. The more they drift from the source material, the less good it ends up. 

Same here.  I really enjoyed The Lord of The Rings Trilogy.  Also really enjoyed “Game of Thrones.”  Each movie/episode  made you eager to see more.   Sequels and prequels often fail to live-up to the originals.   I think a lot of it has to do with the chemistry of the original cast.  

On 2/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, Whitefang said:

Thanks for the warning.  [-(

Whitefang

Indeed! 🤣

(to all) Is it just me or is media just getting worse… like Star Wars… Disney is gonna bleed that stone till it has nothing left to give. Idk I just don’t get into watching a bunch of adults on screen dressing up in make believe tin-foil garb pretending to save “the kingdom”. Reality TV… The list goes on. Sorry if you’re a fan whoever reads this but I’m sharing my opinion and I’ll stand by it. All a bunch of crap lol!

Just now, Pinch said:

I really tolerated 2/3 of it. Once. 

Yeah, haven't even bothered finishing the Boba Fett thing. 

My brother is a huge Star Wars fan and after suffering through all of Boba Fett episode, I mostly watched it stoned, he said they really dropped the ball on this one.

As for Lord, pass.

5 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

If someone gave me a dvd set of lord of the rings for a gift I’d punch them in the face lol right then and there lol! Even if you were bigger than me it would be worth the a$$ kicking to stand my ground. Same goes for Star Wars. 

You must be great fun at parties.

rct

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My brother is a huge Star Wars fan and after suffering through all of Boba Fett episode, I mostly watched it stoned, he said they really dropped the ball on this one.

As for Lord, pass.

Yeah, it sucks. He was portrayed as a cold snake of a person in the earlier stuff, now he's some sort of wussy nice guy. 

3 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Yeah, it sucks. He was portrayed as a cold snake of a person in the earlier stuff, now he's some sort of wussy nice guy. 

He is such a nice liberal bounty hunter. He’s the peoples bounty hunter. What a pansy. Giving people jobs and helping them out all for free.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He is such a nice liberal bounty hunter. He’s the peoples bounty hunter. What a pansy. Giving people jobs and helping them out all for free.

Something like that. Boring. 

I guess everyone has to be nice on TV these days or something. 

45 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I watched that Fett series...  What a load of trash..  In the last few episodes the Mandalorian is in it..  It made me appreciate the Mandalorian series much more. I was actually pleased to see him again and enjoyed those episodes..  Thats how bad the Bobba series was... 

31 minutes ago, Rabs said:

I watched that Fett series...  What a load of trash..  In the last few episodes the Mandalorian is in it..  It made me appreciate the Mandalorian series much more. I was actually pleased to see him again and enjoyed those episodes..  Thats how bad the Bobba series was... 

The Mandalorian was okay. Are they planning any new episodes? 

There's an Obi-Wan series coming... Maybe they should just let it rest. 

Just now, Pinch said:

The Mandalorian was okay. Are they planning any new episodes? 

There's an Obi-Wan series coming... Maybe they should just let it rest. 

Yes I think there will be more... And well this is Disney...  They will milk this for everything its worth as they do with all their properties... 

I never watched a single episode. However, they had a Lord of the Rings chess set out way back. I thought that looked pretty cool so I bought it. It was pretty pricey. I have many collector chess sets. Star Trek trip demential set with silver and gold plated sides.  Never played it. Nor most. 

8 hours ago, Retired said:

I never watched a single episode. However, they had a Lord of the Rings chess set out way back. I thought that looked pretty cool so I bought it. It was pretty pricey. I have many collector chess sets. Star Trek trip demential set with silver and gold plated sides.  Never played it. Nor most. 

I just found this NY vs London chess set

239013699?$rsp-pdp-port-640$

239013699alt1?$rsp-pdp-port-1440$

• Like 1

16 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I just found this NY vs London chess set

239013699?$rsp-pdp-port-640$

239013699alt1?$rsp-pdp-port-1440$

That is cool. I like the black Knights.  (Ferris wheels.) My Best set is my Raj India set. I had to collect 2 pieces at a time. One piece with its pawn and it took a few years. It came from the Franklin Mint. Cost like over $1,700.00 but my Tournament set is German made. Hand carved. Before I retired from BN, I made my own set out of nuts and bolts, Haha. Yeah, Iv'e never seen that one before, Thanks for showing it.