Gibson Brands Forums

Hows this for acoustic fingerstyle playing

Rabs

Scary good technical player.  My guess is she is classically trained with a dose of New Age (or whatever they call it) thrown in.  Really good posture.  But I guess not my cup of tea as her playing stirred no twinges of envy.

Edited by zombywoof

5 hours ago, rbpicker said:

Would love to hear that on a different brand guitar.

Which one? Gibson, Martin, Guild, D'Angelico, Breedlove, Collings, Santa Cruz, PRS, Fender, Epi, or Yamaha?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

That’s great!

And she has some evil looking claws!

I watched some of her other videos and the only thing against is they get a bit the same......needs some vocals to break it up a bit, maybe.

One trouble with playing backing plus the melody is getting the voice bit to sound ‘real’ and that needs some techniques like vibrato and other devices to imitate a singer......hard to do while everything is going flat out with nowhere to go. Best way is to stop the backing here and there, just play the melody and make it sing. I guess that is the hard part! Holding on to notes like a singer, pretty hard to do, but some of the old jazz guys did it!

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Which one? Gibson, Martin, Guild, D'Angelico, Breedlove, Collings, Santa Cruz, PRS, Fender, Epi, or Yamaha?

Chief,

No doubt he means the brand of guitar that smells the best.

And we all know which brand that is.

RBSinTo

16 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

She’s quite a good guitarist.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

I've seen her clips before ...  amazing doesn't come close.   I guess,  at this point in my musical hobby,  I realize one of the benefits of playing the guitar is being able to enjoy the artistry of someone like  Josephine Alexandra.  Billy Strings, Mollie Tuttle, and literally thousands of others.   

After seeing this again - I realize I never studied 'Music'.  It was only 'Music Appreciation'.

• Like 1