Gibson Brands Forums

Some twisted heads twisted a head

E-minor7

Post 2 and 3 nailed it like gunslingers of old - gearbasher, egoidealmusic 1-1. Then Kidblast arrived, , , creator, , ! take care out there. . 

iv1Gxx1.jpg

Know very little about it. But sure, a mandolin h-stock was mentioned as inspiration. To be frank I think it's a freak.

15 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Post 2 and 3 nailed it like gunslingers of old - gearbasher, egoidealmusic 1-1. Then Kidblast arrived, , , creator, , ! take care out there. . 

iv1Gxx1.jpg

Know very little about it. But sure, a mandolin h-stock was mentioned as inspiration. To be frank I think it's a freak.

Oh my    even worse in full frame..  just hurts to look at

...  yea.. that's a whole lotta nope Em7

Edited by kidblast

Lzzy Hale might want that headstock on her next signature Explorer guitar, but it has no place on a (S)J-200.

How much would that sell for if it was the one David Gilmour owned that is being sold now on Reverb?

https://reverb.com/item/56288345-1985-gibson-j-200-celebrity-david-gilmour-collection

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How much would that sell for if it was the one David Gilmour owned that is being sold now on Reverb?

Holy Mackerel!!

Let's see. I could buy that guitar, or a really nice house.

Oh wait, I can't buy either. But that is a crazy price!

49 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

What kind of gall does one need to sell a guitar for $325K and then charge $150 to ship it!

DanvillRob,

Nothing new here.

If you peruse any expensive guitar listings on ebay, Reverb, or wherever, you'll see this is the norm.

Everything is sold a la carte.

Nickel-diming without shame if there is extra money to be extracted from the buyer is the new philosophy of many sellers.

RBSinTo

11 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

DanvillRob,

Nothing new here.

If you peruse any expensive guitar listings on ebay, Reverb, or wherever, you'll see this is the norm.

Everything is sold a la carte.

Nickel-diming without shame if there is extra money to be extracted from the buyer is the new philosophy of many sellers.

RBSinTo

Yeah.... simply amazing.... I suppose if you have a quarter mil to spend on a guitar, $150 for shipping wouldn't phase you.