Gibson Brands Forums

Another new Gibson shape coming?

Rabs

I saw another video about  these instagram “leaks” where the guy was speculating about some LP customs with super 400 inlays. Yesterday I saw those LP customs at Music Zoo 

A lot of these unique builds might be Made 2 measure orders and not part of an actual production run 

1 hour ago, Dub-T-123 said:

I saw another video about  these instagram “leaks” where the guy was speculating about some LP customs with super 400 inlays. Yesterday I saw those LP customs at Music Zoo 

A lot of these unique builds might be Made 2 measure orders and not part of an actual production run 

I dont think its M2M..  With that you are allowed to pick some stuff like pickup configuration and neck shape, colour etc..  I dont think they will make you any shape you want.. Not worth re-tooling for that. 

I have a few Fenders & they’re great Guitars.. They do things all my Gibsons & Epiphone’s don’t. And Vice versa.. Best of both Worlds.. Among them are an American Vintage 65 Jazmaster & an American Vintage 65 Jaguar… They are fantastic Guitars & Works of Art..

Then there’s my Fender USA Strat & Tele’s… All are great Guitars! I like them as much as my Gibson’s & Epiphone’s!

But, I hear you.. Fender makes Gibson looking Guitars too…. Go figure!

Edited by Larsongs

If it looks like the guitar in the OP, then I'll pass.  I think it is ugly.  But that's my opinion...  Who really cares what that is haha!  How much I wonder for a block of wood tooled in a oblong guitar body shape with nothing special about its finish, a recycled Explorer neck only with dot inlays, and some other bridge type with what looks like a trem going to cost?  Do you get a HS case with it I wonder?  I like Gibson guitars, but I never buy new.  But today, even buying used is a PITA.  I haven't had the GAS bug in quite a while...  I like the new LP Specials, just don't see wanting to spend $1800 plus tax for one.  People do apparently...