Gibson Brands Forums

Kirk Hammett Greeny PLUS an Evening With Kirk Included

Rabs

Thats gotta be a new one?   It seems anyone who orders one will get an invite to an evening with the man himself....

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/kirk-hammett-greeny

carousel-images-slide02.jpg

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

Custom Stenciled Hardshell Case
Custom Pick Tin with Six Jim Dunlop® Kirk Hammett Jazz III picks (Three Green, Three Purple)
Custom Kirk Hammett Black Leather Strap
Certificate of Authenticity with a Signed Photo of Kirk Hammett by Photographer Ross Halfin

THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME

For those looking for an unforgettable experience that celebrates the legacy of one of the most iconic guitars in the history of music, along with its owner, one of rock’s most legendary guitarists, Gibson is offering a once-in-a-lifetime package. Included is a Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard guitar hand-made by the expert luthiers of the Gibson Custom Shop and artfully aged to match the original by the Murphy Lab, an evening with Kirk Hammett, and a visit to Gibson’s World Headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee.

Gibson Custom Shop Collector’s Edition Kirk Hammett “Greeny” 1959 Les Paul Standard
One-of-a-kind evening with Kirk Hammett
Curated dinner at Nashville’s exclusive Soho House
Private welcome reception with Gibson’s leadership team
Exclusive backstage tour of Nashville’s premier guitar experience, the Gibson Garage, culminating with a tour of the Gibson Vault, the home of some of music history’s most coveted guitars
A commemorative gift collection from the Gibson Garage
Visit the Custom Shop and meet pioneering Master Luthier Tom Murphy, who, along with his team, artfully aged each Collector’s Edition guitar
First-class round-trip airfare for two to Nashville
One room overnight accommodation at the Four Seasons Hotel in Nashville
Certificate of Authenticity with a photo signed by Kirk Hammett

*Please note that the experience is not included in the price of the guitar; the experience is an invitation extended by Gibson Brands, Inc.

Availability Date: Purchased guitars will be available for pick-up at the Gibson Garage or shipment to an address in the Continental US, starting November 12, 2022.

Well, good for him and whoever has that kind of dough. At least it's a nice looking guitar. 

I bet the Explorer they've teased will be a Hetfield Signature for 4K or more. 

Can't say I like that Gibson seems to cater to very wealthy people only these days. 

30 minutes ago, rct said:

*Please note that the experience is not included in the price of the guitar; the experience is an invitation extended by Gibson Brands, Inc.

lolz

rct

Yeah its an odd way of putting things..   Like they are not paying for that experience as part of the cost of the rumoured 50k guitar.. Its like they are trying to disconnect the two things..   It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or they start doing stuff like this on a regular basis..  Even if I had that sort of money  I wouldnt pay 50k to meet anyone even if it came with a free Tom Murphy guitar....  But as we know, I and most of us on here are not exactly the target audience. 

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Yeah its an odd way of putting things..   Like they are not paying for that experience as part of the cost of the rumoured 50k guitar.. Its like they are trying to disconnect the two things..   It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or they start doing stuff like this on a regular basis..  Even if I had that sort of money  I wouldnt pay 50k to meet anyone even if it came with a free Tom Murphy guitar....  But as we know, I and most of us on here are not exactly the target audience. 

"due to the Brazilian rosewood fretboard, it will only be available in the United States"

Since you're in the U.K., it looks like you don't even have a chance at this "wonderful" experience.

Just now, gearbasher said:

"due to the Brazilian rosewood fretboard, it will only be available in the United States"

Since you're in the U.K., it looks like you don't even have a chance at this "wonderful" experience.

Yeah, I will just have to cry myself to sleep and get over it  😄  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

Kirk is going to put on a lot of weight if has to go to 50 "curated dinners" with buyers of this guitar.

I am willing to bet there is only going to be one dinner and that's the reason it's 'not included in the price of the guitar'.

12 hours ago, gearbasher said:

Oh, how disappointing, I was so looking forward to using it next time I do a gig in some grotty pub.

17 hours ago, jdgm said:

I am willing to bet there is only going to be one dinner and that's the reason it's 'not included in the price of the guitar'.

So they say.  I mean, you don't actually believe those "free" phones your cell service lets you "upgrade" to are really free?  They'll slip in a few extra fees every other month until you finally pay off your "free" phone.  

Look.  If I'm going to pay 50 Gs  for an artificially "aged" $3,000 guitar I should be getting hundreds of "pre-paid" dinners for the rest of my natural life.   But I have better things to do with my life than be another item in Gibson's "tool" box.

Whitefang

26 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So they say.  I mean, you don't actually believe those "free" phones your cell service lets you "upgrade" to are really free?  They'll slip in a few extra fees every other month until you finally pay off your "free" phone.  

Look.  If I'm going to pay 50 Gs  for an artificially "aged" $3,000 guitar I should be getting hundreds of "pre-paid" dinners for the rest of my natural life.   But I have better things to do with my life than be another item in Gibson's "tool" box.

Whitefang

Nope its a bean burrito and your bank account is 50k lighter. I want one, just one forum members to share their experience when they do this. I don’t think we will though. Lots of Docs and Lawyers are probably pissing themselves over this rare opportunity.

This is the thing that Gibson does that’s appalling in the name of pure unadulterated greed. Make a 3k guitar, beat it up and turn around and sell it for 50k. Oh I get to meet and eat with Kirk, wow he’s the cute one in ‘Tallica.

This is the exact reason some slag Gibson on this forum. Utter lunacy.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1