Gibson Brands Forums

US Space Force releases new official song

Rabs

17 minutes ago, Rabs said:

And just to prove my point...   If they are not careful Gibson may sue them for the use of the Flying V shape..  Not authentic..   😄 

US Space Force logo looks like one from Star Trek - BBC News

Wow no similarity there at all between the two.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

He dressed quietly, and with a slow, steady sense of order.

She watched from the door-frame, and then started to say something, and then swallowed the words.
She held her breath, and then sighed softly.

He shrugged into his silver space suit, and slipped into his silver space boots.
They zipped up neatly and set perfectly when he stood firmly on the hardwood floor.

"There," he said at last.

"There," she repeated in a hollow fashion.
She tugged at the string of pearls around her neck, sullenly. 

He turned and tended to his B-bag, an accordion-like silver travel valise, and folded into it his underwear, socks, and D-Rations.
Next went his toothbrush and shaving gear, and then so finally his hair pomade.
He looked around, and then zipped it up into a tight bundle.

A slow turn, and a simple shrug.
"So, I guess that's all of it. I'm ready to go."

"Bill, I really wish you wouldn't go. All of these orbital missions close to Earth, and so onto the moon. That's one thing. You and your regular space buddies and all this space talk and space life. I could get used to that. I got used to that. I supported that. "

"But Mars?"

"Mars is different, Bill. There are the Van Allen Belts, and the radiation, and the asteroids. You will be gone for two years, in the best of outcomes. And there's no denying that you may not come ho...."
She stuttered back a sob, and continued.

"You may not come home at all! And little Billy won't have a father. And I'll be here all alone."

He smiled, reassuringly. "Madge. I will be gone for a few months, tops, and I will do the good work of the Space Force. And then when I come home, we'll take a little vacation down to Cocoa Beach, or Deltona. We'll have a swell and terrific time."

She bleated, "You say that, but there's no guarantee at all that you will make it back. I'm scared, Bill."

He blinked. "Scared of what?"

"I am scared that Billy will follow in your footsteps, and join the Space Academy, and eventually the Space Force. And then I will lose him too."

She wept quietly, and picked up her apron, and buried her face into it.

He drew her in, and hugged his wife in a comforting fashion.

"There, there, there. Madge, you have nothing to worry about. We have all the latest and best technologies, and all the very best engineers and workers of the US Government are hard at work on every little detail."

She shook her head, and said softly into her hands, "That's what I am worried about."

He hugged her clumsily and briefly, gathered up his space bag, and headed out the door.
A Space Force transport waited at the curb.

He tossed his bag onto the roof rack, waved goodbye briefly, and then climbed aboard.
She watched him join his space friends, and take his seat near the front of the transport.

The sleek silver and white trolley pulled away from the curb, and glided neatly out of the neighborhood and onto the ramp toward the Mars Launch Complex.

Madge sighed softly.
She wiped her tears with the edge of her apron, and straightened herself in the mirror.

Finally, she walked into the kitchen, and began preparations for dinner.

Billy would be home soon from Space Camp, and he would be hungry.

😗

at_archive_f103549969a3e9f1e08285484ae39

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

It’s for all branches. I did 23 years total.

I don’t know.  If I remember correctly, the Marine Corps had their own reenlistment diddythat went something like this:

Re-up, and buy a brand new car,

Re-up, oh what a jerk you are,

Re-up, I’d rather throw up,

I’d rather throw up than re-up for sure.

Edited by tx-ogre

31 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

I don’t know.  If I remember correctly, the Marine Corps had their own reenlistment diddythat went something like this:

Re-up, and buy a brand new car,

Re-up, oh what a jerk you are,

Re-up, I’d rather throw up,

I’d rather throw up than re-up for sure.

You gotta be wired differently to be a Marine.

Were you one hitch and done?

I thought about joining the AF. SF was not around, and no way in hell did I even think about the Army or Marines. My dad was in the Navy, so I went that route. Should have joined the CG from the get go. I probably would have retired a Master Chief (E-9).

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You gotta be wired differently to be a Marine.

Were you one hitch and done?

I thought about joining the AF. SF was not around, and no way in hell did I even think about the Army or Marines. My dad was in the Navy, so I went that route. Should have joined the CG from the get go. I probably would have retired a Master Chief (E-9).

I ended up being one and done.  I spent the last year of my enlistment in Okinawa.  About six months out, I thought about reenlisting and changing my MOS to Interrogator Translator Team (0251).  I re-took the Artificial Language Test (I had passed it in boot camp) and passed it again.  I passed the oral interview and was accepted into ITT.  My first language choice was Chinese Mandarin, but there were no openings.  Second choice was Japanese (which I already spoke on a limited basis), but again, no openings.  So I was locked into Korean language.  Back to the States, Defense Language Institute for 12 month language training, then Ft. Huachuca for 2 months of interrogator training, then back to Okinawa.  Three years stationed at Camp Hansen (about 100 yards from where I was stationed before), with 3-6 months a year TDY every year to the 8th Army HQ in Seoul for language proficiency.  That an a $10K reenlistment bonus.  Not a bad gig.

But alas, I had the misfortune of serving under an absolutely incompetent company commander at the time.  He sat on my paperwork, refused to push in up the chain because we had a CG inspection coming up and I was one of the few NCOs in the company.  I assured him that I would stick around until the inspection was over, but he still refused to forward my paperwork.  My enlistment ran out and I took my discharge and moved on.  The rest is history.

42 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

For a Space Force song you think they would have asked William Shatner, I'm sure he'd work cheaply enough.

That could be our secret weapon: surrender or we'll let him sing.

Mr. Spock made an album too. Here is a deep track from it. Now on tour in a galaxy near you.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=A4bf8d8LenU

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1