Gibson Brands Forums

US Space Force releases new official song

Rabs

40 minutes ago, brad1 said:

It’s not supposed to be a top 40 song. 
Geez

And why does it bother you guys so much? I couldn’t care less what song they wrote, or how it sounds. 
Because I’m never going to have to listen to it. 😃🤘

Its no bother.. Its just funny....  Or maybe more to the point cringeworthy...

Edited by Rabs

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

Its no bother.. Its just funny....  Or maybe more to the point cringeworthy...

Some people just have no sense of humor. All the branches of the military’s song are lame, even the two from the services I was in.

From Aztec Shore to Arctic Zone, To Europe and Far East. 

That is all so can remember from Semper Paratus. It’s catchy. I had to memorize and sing it during my Chief’s Initiation in 2004.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 hours ago, brad1 said:

Geez

And why does it bother you guys so much? I couldn’t care less what song they wrote, or how it sounds. 

Why bothered ?    I'm guessing the SF paid this 'song writer'  more than any song writer in Nashville ever got.  Our tax dollars.     Although you may never have to hear lyrics like 'from the force on high' may not bother you,  we live in a time where,  as Sparquelito suggested, there is too much unreasonable B.S  everywhere you turn.  Yeah, not suppose to be a Top 40 song,  but it would not be a Top 1000 in any genre.  John Phillip Sousa would have died laughing if he weren't already dead.   This song is an embarrassment and if it is suppose to generate fear or respect  in our enemies, they're probably laughing too. 

When I first heard we (The USA) were going to have a Space Force I was certain it was BS, especially since it came during the Reign of Mr. Fake News. How many rocket ships do they have? My guess is NONE. How do you patrol space without a rocket. The USN and USCG have ships and aircraft to patrol the oceans and some rivers, and go save lives. The Air Force has aircraft too. The Army has tanks and helo's, and believe it or not boats. I worked on one as a contractor. The Corp has aircraft too. Technically the Coast Guard's ships are called Cutters.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Do YOU have what it takes to become a Space Cadet?

I do, I was, I did, and I will later tonight after work. I wonder if they have their own special nerdy salute. If we have Space Force Bases, I'll bet they have bathrooms, we called them Heads in the USN and USCG, that are labeled - Men - Women - Other - Pick Your Sex - Jenner - Non Binary -  Drag King/Queen - Cat - Dog, ect. You name it, no gender abnormality is excluded from Space Force.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

The Special Space Force Salute, I did see Kate Upton floating around wearing a bikini.

Maybe you float upside down and wave your implants at each other.

I'd sign up but I'm too old and my implants would sag no matter what the gravitational pull is.

I think the sag would make it look bigger, NO?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brad1 said:

Geez

Beats the hell out of the Top 40!

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I listen to the radio when I am forced to, or when it’s out of my control. 

Chief, 

Don't knock the radio!

We have an AM station here in Toronto that is dedicated to Baby Boomers

(where they are referred to as "Zoomers-Boomers with Zip".)

Yes, I know its a stupid slogan, but they play mostly music from the 50's up to about the 80's, so a good deal of it is listenable.

Not at all like the current $hit being pumped out on the FM  rock stations.

And during those periods when I need more than ear candy, we have two excellent classical FM  stations that I go to. Wonderful music (except for the opera, of course.)

Keeps me from having to listen to the smug, self-righteous horse's asses on AM talk radio.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

We've got some good college stations around here so I  still have quite a few tuners in the house.

The commercial FM stations are garbage, they were all snapped up by Clear Channel so if you hate a Foreigner song on the East Coast you'll get to hate it in the Midwest and you'll get to hate it on the West Coast.

The reality is that most of the U.S. space force will be sitting on Earth looking at computer screens; it's all drones and satellite imagery these days. 

Of course the astronauts snd some Area 51 pilots will always be the elite.

Then there is this.   Boeing X-37B.    

Pic taken 2010...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-37

Boeing-X-37-B-after-landing-at-Vandenber

Edited by jdgm

58 minutes ago, jdgm said:

The reality is that most of the U.S. space force will be sitting on Earth looking at computer screens; it's all drones and satellite imagery these days. 

Of course the astronauts snd some Area 51 pilots will always be the elite.

Then there is this.   Boeing X-37B.    

Pic taken 2010...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-37

Boeing-X-37-B-after-landing-at-Vandenber

Maverick was the elite of the elite. 

On 9/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, SteveFord said:

I thought it went

You're in the Army now, you're in the Army now, You'll never get rich digging a ditch, You're in the Army now!

and then you repeat it 50 times.

After watching From Here to Eternity, I thought that this was the official U.S. Army anthem:

But what do I know.  I was in the Marine Corps.