Gibson Brands Forums

What visual entertainment are you watching recently?

Mr. Gibson

Last night I watched a documentary called "The Seven Ages Of Elvis Presley" on my local PBS channel.  Interesting except I felt they glossed too much over the incident of his death.  Only mentioned he died of a heart attack and showed footage of the mob that gathered on the street in front of Graceland.   But did too, allude to many of the dealings Tom Parker made in his "behalf"  likely led to the down slide of his career.   It even covered the triumphant '68 Singer special, mentioning that Parker wanted it to be a Christmas type special on the order of Perry Como or some such crap.  Elvis wasn't interested in doing that.  And when Parker found out the producers didn't make it a Christmas special he tried to stop broadcast of it but relented when the producers, who had footage of Elvis singing "Blue Christmas"  cut it into the rest of the footage and Parker then gave it his OK.   The biggest drawback was the PBS station showed the documentary as part of their pledge drive and interrupted it often with their  panhandling.

Whitefang

3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Narcos is good.  Also check out a series on Netflix called "Bad Sport".    Hopefully it's still available.  Remember racecar driver Randy Lanier?  Turns out he was a drug trafficker.  Crazy story.  It's episode 2 of the series, "Need for Weed". 

Thanks.. I will check it out when I’m done with Narcos…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Bill said:

This has to be the best show I've seen in a long time. I'm on my 3rd round of watching this series!

The soundtrack to this series is awesome,  they need to release these songs on mp3.

giphy.gif

peaky-blinders-thomas-shelby.gif

One of my favorites just finished watching it the second time.. I hope this one figures out a way to add more Seasons..

23 hours ago, Murph said:

Love Battlebots.

If I had a large garage/out building and unlimited funds, I would get into that.

When I was working we had a staff of about 140 engineers, (automotive).... I considered getting a few of them together to see if we couldn't build a decent robot..... but they're so busy designing all electric buses, and now Hydrogen Fuel Cell buses, (mandates for all buses to be Zero Emissions very soon), so those q40 engineers are working 12-14 hour days....we even hired a company in India to do some of the 'grunt work' to free up engineers to do the heavy lifting here.

I just watch the entire 2021 Season Battles....just finished up last night......   It's like MMA.....but no body gets hurt.

2 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

......   It's like MMA.....but no body gets hurt.

Bingo. That's what I thought when I first saw it. How is this not the most popular show on Earth?

Humanity LOVES a battle. We've been fighting dogs, chickens, each other, other countries, cars (demolition derbys) other planets (video games/ tv series) since the beginning. And I mean the VERY beginning.

👍

12 minutes ago, Murph said:

Bingo. That's what I thought when I first saw it. How is this not the most popular show on Earth?

Humanity LOVES a battle. We've been fighting dogs, chickens, each other, other countries, cars (demolition derbys) other planets (video games/ tv series) since the beginning. And I mean the VERY beginning.

👍

The engineering that goes into those things is awesome!   

The strategies are very enjoyable..... I recall a few seasons ago one bot had a drone that spit fire at the opponent....and the opponent bought a garden rake....and when the drone flew over it's head, it knocked it down with the garden rake!   Crazy stuff!

On 3/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, DanvillRob said:

The engineering that goes into those things is awesome!   

The strategies are very enjoyable..... I recall a few seasons ago one bot had a drone that spit fire at the opponent....and the opponent bought a garden rake....and when the drone flew over it's head, it knocked it down with the garden rake!   Crazy stuff!

Is the show still being made? I've only seen one (older) season. It was recently added to Netfflix uk.