Gibson Brands Forums

What visual entertainment are you watching recently?

Mr. Gibson

8 hours ago, Whitefang said:

What the government gives PBS and NPR is a mere pittance compared to how much federal funding goes to other federal funded projects.  Some of them worthwhile and others some senator's or congressman's pork barrel.  The rest of their operating revenue comes from donations gathered from their seemingly never ending pledge drives.  And they're clever enough to schedule the really interesting stuff during those times.

Whitefang

Yeah - the NPR/PBS/Pravda budget is less than what the Department of Defense gets.  That wasn't my point.

I just watched The Breakfast Club. Haven’t seen it in a decade or so. It was okay in the 80’s. High School kids picking on each other, now we all get a hug and it’s cool if you wear Eeyore pajamas to school. And boys can use the girls bathroom, cause their medically enhanced chicks.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I just watched The Breakfast Club. Haven’t seen it in a decade or so. It was okay in the 80’s. High School kids picking on each other, now we all get a hug and it’s cool if you wear Eeyore pajamas to school. And boys can use the girls bathroom, cause their medically enhanced chicks.

I always liked that movie. My favorite movie in that genre is "Some Kind of Wonderful". If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

5 hours ago, gearbasher said:

I always liked that movie. My favorite movie in that genre is "Some Kind of Wonderful". If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

I think that is another John Hughes movie. Haven't seen that one in ages too. It was good at the time. I noticed in end of The B  C, when the brain kid Brian  gets picked up after detention that John Hughes was in the drivers seat playing his father. He had no speaking part in the movie. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think that is another John Hughes movie. Haven't seen that one in ages too. It was good at the time. I noticed in end of The B  C, when the brain kid Brian  gets picked up after detention that John Hughes was in the drivers seat playing his father. He had no speaking part in the movie. 

Yeah.  I guess that was his Alfred Hitchcock moment.  [wink]  We first got cable TV around '81 or so and a lot of those flicks were hitting HBO and the other premium stations.  My kids taped most of them(VHS player/recorders hitting the market at the same time) and watched them so much they could recite the dialog by heart along with the actors on the tape.  "Sixteen Candles" was another one they wore out.  I don't think I've ever seen a Molly Ringwald  where she didn't cry over something not that important.

Whitefang

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Started watching Alone on tv and Hardcore Pawn on FB. 

FB?  Not familiar with it.  Or do you mean FaceBook?  Damn.   I don't do the "FartBook" thing.

If  HARDCORE PAWN still focuses on that Detroit pawn shop i've always liked that show, but the channel that carried it on my cable service dropped it for reasons never stated.  

Whitefang

My wife and I have been hooked on "To Catch a Smuggler" and "Mysteries of the Abandoned" lately.

I watch Jerry Springer (reruns) and Steve Wilkos but she gets bored with that really quickly. Same old, same old. I agree, but sometimes I have a yen to see skanky hillbilly chicks.

I do enjoy crappy old movies. This week I tried watching Superfly. Bored me to tears, couldn't finish it. Also watched Dolomite. The acting was so bad I couldn't HELP but watch it all. And there were many Cadillacs...

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

My wife and I have been hooked on "To Catch a Smuggler" and "Mysteries of the Abandoned" lately.

I watch Jerry Springer (reruns) and Steve Wilkos but she gets bored with that really quickly. Same old, same old. I agree, but sometimes I have a yen to see skanky hillbilly chicks.

I do enjoy crappy old movies. This week I tried watching Superfly. Bored me to tears, couldn't finish it. Also watched Dolomite. The acting was so bad I couldn't HELP but watch it all. And there were many Cadillacs...

1/2 way through reading this I was going to suggest Dolemite ... lol. so bad it's great

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

and here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, theres no shortage of skanky hillbilly chicks. lol.  can be fun to watch at gigs. especially the drunker they get ...

Our son and daughter-in-law just got a kitten to add to their zoo ( five kitties, two dogs......and two children).

The new kitty is a domestic longhair/ ragdoll mix and is very cute.

We video-chat almost every night just to see the antics of the various zoo members as they interact. Much better than most of the commercially available stuff.

RBSinTo

21 hours ago, Whitefang said:

FB?  Not familiar with it.  Or do you mean FaceBook?  Damn.   I don't do the "FartBook" thing.

If  HARDCORE PAWN still focuses on that Detroit pawn shop i've always liked that show, but the channel that carried it on my cable service dropped it for reasons never stated.  

Whitefang

the show Letterkenny has an episode called "  fartbook " if you like odd humor....

53 minutes ago, jvi said:

the show Letterkenny has an episode called "  fartbook " if you like odd humor....

I've never seen it listed on the cable guide where it shows what's on the CBC channel we can pick up in Detroit.  If so,  I'd check it out.  If it's HALF as funny as Schitt's Creek, then it's probably TWICE as funny as anything produced in the states.  [wink]

Whitefang

15 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I've never seen it listed on the cable guide where it shows what's on the CBC channel we can pick up in Detroit.  If so,  I'd check it out.  If it's HALF as funny as Schitt's Creek, then it's probably TWICE as funny as anything produced in the states.  [wink]

Whitefang

I think the show migrated to a cable network, here its channel 400 something, its more  :trailerpark boys " than schitts, ( the daughter from Schitts did a series recently called Kevin can F himself,   kinda cool too   have a nice day,,,J

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

Schitt's Creek is awesome.  anything with Levy usually is lol. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 2:55 PM, Karloff said:

and here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, theres no shortage of skanky hillbilly chicks. lol.  can be fun to watch at gigs. especially the drunker they get ...

My buddy's sister lives in Bishopville. He says they're called swampbillys out there.  [biggrin]

• Haha 1