Gibson Brands Forums

I Had To Share This

IanHenry

Fascinating & amusing article from one of the British newspapers about an artefact found at the Roman fort of Vindolanda in Northern England in 1992.  It seems the object is catalogued as a darning needle.  It strikes me that whoever catalogued it either has a sense of humour or made a terrible choice of career 😁

It’s not a darning tool, it’s a very naughty toy: Roman dildo found | Archaeology | The Guardian

It made me laugh.

I'd think the catalog was an 'inside joke' (pardon the pun).

When I was making service videos for large buses, we were showing how to remove an axle shaft.

If you've ever removed an axle shaft from a truck/bus you have to beat it pretty hard for a pretty long time...with a sledge hammer.

I had the narrator say, "...then gently tap the axle cap to loosen it from the hub..."

Inside joke.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

I'd think the catalog was an 'inside joke' (pardon the pun).

When I was making service videos for large buses, we were showing how to remove an axle shaft.

If you've ever removed an axle shaft from a truck/bus you have to beat it pretty hard for a pretty long time...with a sledge hammer.

I had the narrator say, "...then gently tap the axle cap to loosen it from the hub..."

Inside joke.

If that kind of inside "joke"  seems bawdy to you and those guys, I'm guessing your shower curtains must be a mess.

Whitefang

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Reminds me of an old joke -   Girl in a bar with a home made prosthetic eye  asks a guy if he'd like to ....?      He foolishly blurts out   "Wood Eye ?   Wood Eye?"   She  leaves in a huff. 

.....I would, I would!!!

• Haha 1

Or the one about a guy who finds the cheapest brothel in town only has an old woman with a glass eye who provides service by removing the eye and letting "Johns" do the empty socket.

Amazed at how satisfying the experience was, he tells the old woman that the next time he's in town he'll come back for more.  And she waves good-bye to him exclaiming, 

"I'll keep an eye out for ya!"  [wink]

Whitefang

48 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Reminds me of an old joke -   Girl in a bar with a home made prosthetic eye  asks a guy if he'd like to ....?      He foolishly blurts out   "Wood Eye ?   Wood Eye?"   She  leaves in a huff. 

I actually heard this joke like this:

Teenager goes to a dance.   He's very shy and just stands against the wall...mainly because he has a wooden eye and is self-conscious of it.

After awhile, he notices a girl also standing against the wall on the other side of the gym who nobody asks to dance....because she has a noticeable cleft pallet.

He works up the courage to go ask her dance....walks over and says to her, "Wanna dance?", to which she says, "Would I!".... he storms off shouting "Hair-Lip!"