Gibson Brands Forums

The new Beatles

E-minor7

video features a (for me) never before seen Gibson ~

, , , , , in their hands. 

49 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Thanks to AI, we’re approaching the Strawberry Fields scenario where “nothing is real“, or it’s getting very hard to tell what is real. The Beatles influence on Jeff Lynne has now found him having influence on a Beatles song. Ironic.

Speaking of AI....yesterday I heard Johnny Cash singing a Taylor Swift song.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 62burst said:

Thanks to AI, we’re approaching the Strawberry Fields scenario where “nothing is real“, or it’s getting very hard to tell what is real. The Beatles influence on Jeff Lynne has now found him having influence on a Beatles song. Ironic.

worth watching the 12min doc on the making of this- Jeff Lynne couldnt crack the code in '95 and it was peter jackson's team that developed the tech to do this during Get Back. Definitely not AI as we think of it with ChatGPT etc, maybe more akin to auto-tune?

Good music is good music, no matter how it was created. In this case, I'm tankfull for modern technology and think it has been used beautifully. Great song and production.

Lars

By the way, I have no idea on the mystery Gibbby.

Edited by Lars68

7 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

video features a (for me) never before seen Gibson ~

2 hours ago, Lars68 said:

By the way, I have no idea on the mystery Gibbby.

Apologies- 'so busy reacting to the video, I forgot about the mystery guitar. Emin7-  do you mean the blonde '185 with the black control knobs that George is playing?

Edited by 62burst

That is great!

I watched both through my TV with my feet up last night, very clever....

I then watched the official trailers for Peter Jackson’s Get Back, also fantastic but a quick scramble around Google tells me I have to sign to Disney Channel to watch it all!

What? Is that John getting the last laugh? 😶

Currently begging the Better Half to sign up in her name.....don’t want mine on the thing.

And I guess it means my Beatles Complete music and TAB bible is........incomplete?

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

11 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

I then watched the official trailers for Peter Jackson’s Get Back, also fantastic but a quick scramble around Google tells me I have to sign to Disney Channel to watch it all!

Yep, I'll never see "Get Back" as long as Disney has the rights.

Oh well.

I think anyone old enough to remember the first Shea Stadium concert being on the news, will get a tear in the eye simply because of the aging process in the video.

The song is quite good, as expected.

Hearing an old Paul harmonize with a young John is rather haunting.

I'm glad they did it.

3 minutes ago, kidblast said:

This band ended 5,000 years ago,  can we just.. "let it be"

Thing is that it's more than a band - much more. 

This happens when a rock-act gets big enough. A handful of groups managed to get there over the years. .

11 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Interesting video....I thought I was gonna like the song more than I did.

Might grow on you - did on me. My prob is the production = Too much soup 1/3 in and through out. As we acoustic players know, music not least arises in the pausing. 
And where are those Paul & (cleaned-up) John uni-vocals we treasure so much, , , plus a clear George signature to be found. 

All in all I let my 💚 win though. It's the path to choose here. . . 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 6:50 AM, Murph said:

Yep, I'll never see "Get Back" as long as Disney has the rights.

Oh well.

It's on blu-ray/DVD so likely very available via the public library. it's really really fantastic- as a rabid fan it's just remarkable to see any new beatles footage, but certainly wild to see something as thorough and curated as what that crew put together. really worth seeking out.

30 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

And through the time machinery >>>>>>> 

Nice. 

Take a post-Beatles era song written by John Lennon 45 years ago, re-do it with today's technology, and then take that version back to how the Beatles would've done 59 years ago. I'm a little confused by it all, but the Time Travel version did have the sound and feel of a vintage Beatles tune. 👍.

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 1