Gibson Brands Forums

Hollowbodies coming for Christmas 2024?

I did some hollowbody-hunting, and guess what I found? A time-forward reference for Gibson Citation, Byrdland and Super 400, coming "in a few months". I never had any of those in my hands, but I see some of the great guitarists played them for real. This is from Thomann's website and they posted some great photos of each of the models. Even the prices are not being kept secret by anybody. (add 15% to get the price in Euros). 🤠

Jazz Guitars by Gibson – Thomann UK

Edited by OrdinaryNimda
  • Like 2

I like that Byrdland! But, why 57 Classics? Why not the new ‘59 PAF’s if they’re as accurate as they say they are..

57’s are pretty good but nothing like real ‘59 PAF’s…. Who cares if there not Year correct as long as they sound amazing..

• Like 1

Get to the hospital and get your kidney removed, it’s gonna cost ya.

10 to 11k for the Super 400 and 8 to 9 k for the Byrd is my guess.

The last time ES-175’s were being made they were 5k. I played one in a place called Alpha Music. That was over 10 to 15 years ago. Think how much inflation has gone up since then and Covid greed too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Citation - $25,917

Byrdland - $11,947

Super 400 - $17,655

Maybe they'll throw in a set of free strings?  And a pick.

I started a Thread recently about these very Guitar!

I dig the Byrdland!!! But, $11,947 for a Guitar with 57 Classics??? My ES-335 has 57 Classics.. I like them ok.. But, they don't blow me away.. I never should have sold my 1959 ES345 Stereo with original 59 PAF's..

I would think an $11,947 Byrdland, which is truly beautiful by the way, would have the new 59 PAF's...

• 1 month later...

I know it's bad manners to bring up old, forgotten threads like this, but I did follow up on the Thomann website, to see how the new Gibson hollowbodies are flying in good ole forgotten Europe. And yep, they're are actually flying. Even though they're not in stock yet, the Byrdland and the Super400 are gone. Only the Citation at around €23,000 is still there, to be "available in a few months".

• Like 1

I bought a Sunburst Gibson ES-175 back in the early 2000’s. The Guitar was beautiful. The Pickups sounded harsh though. Unaware that I could’ve upgraded them to Fralin, Lollar, Duncan, Thro-Bak or other great sounding boutique Pickups I returned it…

Another Got away….