Gibson Brands Forums

Feelings

Flight959

The missing choice - "Depends on which Guitar it is"

MIM Deluxe Strat, my Squier Tele - Only if you play

88' Strat,. Buddy Guy Strat, My Nighthawk, Epi Joe Pass - Only for a second if you play and I'm right there.

In most cases, I have no problem with anyone playing my guitar.

That's not to say I would want some crackhead junky or other moron playing it, but a friend or fellow guitar player who wants to check it out is more than welcome.

I hadda go with 'depends', too. I'll let a player whom I have offered play any guitar I own. But if Fast Freddy Shreddy hops on the stage at a gig or shows up at a jam and wants to show his stuff on my axe, that's just not a happenin' thing, I don't care WHO he is. I don't like peeps getting grabby with the instruments.

And I let our little ones climb aboard my lap and help me strum and pick the acoustic, after having inspected their grubby little mitts for filth and such.

I'm fine with letting people I know play them, even my friends and girlfriend who can barely play Smoke on the Water. They get a big kick out of making some noise with the gain cranked up. I own some pretty nice guitars, but they're just guitars and I beat them up playing them myself and the people who I let play them know I value them so they're careful with them.

Archived