Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Wah

guitarmanjt

Other:

Teese RMC3 but...

It's more tweaky than I need and if they had come out with their Wheels of Fire wah before I bought the RMC3, I would have bought that instead as it sounds how I want a wah to sound. When I bought mine (used), there was a stack of sample settings and the WoF sounded the best to me.

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/WHEELS%20OF%20FIRE.htm

I had an older CryBaby. It was okay. I traded it for a newer Vox. It was okay. I sold it and bought a new CryBaby. It sucked. I modded the crap out of it. It rocks now. I'm happy.

I had the Vox...it was OK too. It was really scratchy sounding. I ended up getting a Area 51 drop-in kit. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the Vox...it was OK too. It was really scratchy sounding. I ended up getting a Area 51 drop-in kit. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool. Mine wasn't scratchy. It sounded good - but very 60s, real quacky and nasally. Some people love that. I guess I just wanted a smoother 70s type sound.

I'm going to look at the Area 51 kit to see what they do. Always looking to improve mine.

I have an Original Crybaby (from the 80's) that I put a Hot Potz 100 in, and a 595Q which I'm pretty sure has a fasel in it. I like the sweet voice of the Original, but like the wide sweep you can get with the 595Q.

The inductor doesn't make a lot of difference. They sound different, but I have no preference, it's all about Sweep for me.

Archived