Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Jimi guitars

djroge1

I do' date=' dude its a ****ing gibson! [/quote']

I don't like guitars just because they're Gibsons.

I would strongly prefer a Fender but if I got a Jimi for free I wouldn't mind.

Then again. I haven't even played one yet so I don't know. I think it's kindof a low blow to Fender.

They are like wolves looking for scraps of the rest of the body; real shame if you ask me.

I agree ......I went to the "authintic Hendrix site" and it is like a thrift store of crap where they apear to

be putting his name on about anything. no pictures of the guitar but there is still a part about the partnership

and the Gibson logo.

Naw the first ones were going to be made in Tenn' date=' at least that's what the website said. I can't even fathom why they would spend so much money on this guitar, design, parts and the advertisement and just pulling the rug out. I bet Fender got involved or more internal issues in the Hendrix family between the Father and others. They are like wolves looking for scraps of the rest of the body; real shame if you ask me.

[/quote']

Jimi's father passed away and all his image and merch rights went to Jimis step sister. She was the daughter of his fathers second wife. So it's really not even a blood relative handling his rights. Word over on the fender forum side is Fender refuses to deal with her. His legacy seems to mean nothing to her but his historical relevance is a cash cow. So the fact that she moves on to GIbson and cuts the deal is not suprising. What is suprising is Gibson getting involved and making a strat. Its all very entertaining to watch unfold for the members over at the Fender forums.

Archived