Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite type of attention here in the forum

daveinspain

I don't come here looking for attention (I have a life outside the net:-") but my vote goes to "I love it when AXE responds to a thread of mine"' date=' because when he posts something it's always either very interesting and useful or really funny.[/quote']

A quote and a response for you buddy.[cool]

I like top write so much stuff that folks don't really read it. On top of that, I like to make it barely intelligible so folks aren't sure what I was saying in the first place. Then I like to mention stuff folks don't like to hear like, "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect. Just sitting around playing bedroom versions of your favorite riffs won't get you very far," or "A working knowledge of Theory will take you feelings farther than feel alone."

I also like to bring up controversial points of interest like, "The term 'Power Chord' is a misnomer, since a Chord must contain a Root, Fifth, and Third. This means a 'Power Chord' is really a 'Root-Fifth Diad'," or "Rap in and of itself is not music because it ignores Melody and Harmony, exploring only the Rhythm and Rhyme." So I guess the "Being Called out" choice could apply, but it's not like I enjoy arguing these trivial points of music, I just believe that attention to detail is very important, and those are musical details. It doesn't mean that I think Rap and Power Chords are illegitimate tools in making music, or that they shouldn't be enjoyed. Just that, by definition, Power Chord and Rap Music are Misnomers.

I like getting called out by Neo.

That would explain the nature of your posts - every single one of them.

Just sayin'....

:-

Seriously, I can't choose from the poll Dave.

They ALL apply in my case.

:-/

... and +1 on the Milod statement - I hope I get that smart before I die at a very old age.

Clearly none have challenged meh authori-TAY... so I shall proclaim Pecan Pie to be the finest pie in all the land!

(though my youngest son did interupt me to say "I'm sorry daddy, and Ima let you finish, but Chocolate Pie is the greatest Pie of all time!! All time!!)

[blush]

Clearly none have challenged meh authori-TAY... so I shall proclaim Pecan Pie to be the finest pie in all the land!

(though my youngest son did interupt me to say "I'm sorry daddy' date=' and Ima let you finish, but Chocolate Pie is the greatest Pie of all time!! All time!!)

[blush

The agawam diner's Coconut cream pie...

kicks the sh*t out of any pie I've ever had

Archived