Gibson Brands Forums

what's the guitar you would love to have...but cant?

S t e v e

do you see now why I'm glad you're back...? Because I don't think posts like this one could come from anyone.

I met my dream-guitar this weekend. My holy grail' date=' up close and personal.

Gibson Les Paul Supreme Tobacco Sunburst.

(I have 2 photos, will post soon). [/quote']

Is it because of the breadth and depth of my insights, or is it because nearly everything I say is delightfully esoteric?

The new Lester sounds sweet! I'm starving for some pics now! [biggrin]

I am stuck on this as any sounds I need, I have- the ones I desire that I don't have, I am sure I can get[biggrin] ... and any crazily expensive guitars like the 59 Les Paul I tried at the auction, I will buy when I have the money one day. If a house is left to me in a will for example I would happily sell the property and buy one.

Matt

My early 80s Hamer Sunburst I sold

You know, one I never bought and always wanted and can't be found anywhere except on the used market (and usually not all original) is one of those red Ibanez Destroyers - the one with the cream open pickup at the bridge and the covered one at the neck. A guy I used to jam with when I was in highschool had one and it was just totally badass.

BlackExp1.jpg

For my mid-life crisis which I should hit in about 15 years. My wife has already agreed to let me get one when we have plenty of money. She says it's much better than a sports car or a fling with some younger girl.

This or original 1965 Fender strat (olympic white w/ rosewood) or 1950s blonde Fender Telecaster.

You know' date=' one I never bought and always wanted and can't be found anywhere except on the used market (and usually not all original) is one of those red Ibanez Destroyers - the one with the cream open pickup at the bridge and the covered one at the neck. A guy I used to jam with when I was in highschool had one and it was just totally badass.

[/quote']

Check it out...

http://www.gbase.com/gear/ibanez-destroyer-2-1982-candy-apple-red

Well...

I dunno. For electric, I think the es175 body feel is just about perfect. So... a custom shop version with a personally-adapted neck?

For acoustic... I dunno. Depends on "feel" too. I've never had a steel string I really felt comfortable with. Ended up with one of the first EA Ovation "legend" models in the mid 1970s and never upgraded to anything else.

A nice flamenco-ish guitar would be very nice. <grin> Perhaps an EA version?

I really couldn't care whether some other picker picked a given instrument. But a batch of relatively inexpensive "project guitars" would be kinda fun to play with for variations... E.g., movable pickups, double-G string seven-strings.... an electric 12... just to play with... A batch of Epi dots would be lotza fun. Perhaps a 175 copy without pickups cut into the top to mess with a movable pickup setup...

m

My uncle has a 50s (or is it 60s) LP JR he has had since he was a lad (it was pretty new then)...I want it.

Don't think I will ever get it. His son plays guitar.

Maybe if I wave a Hofner bass in his face and offer cash >.<

Pretty much anything Tim owns.... :-

+1.

but besides that... a Latte Cream 2006 LP Std... there was only like 200 total made... but ive only seen 2 of them up for sale... one thats been on ebay for like the past couple months that wont sell.... but id never buy cuz someone f**ked up the binding on the neck. the other one was a brand new one that was in some local guitar shop in FL. i cleared buying it with my parents (cuz it was a total steal, only $1400 cuz it was old stock they had to get rid of) but by the time i did that, it had already been sold... :( buying it wouldve cleaned my bank account out, but at the time i really didnt care about that....

maybe someday ill find another one.... :)

Archived