Gibson Brands Forums

I quit my band.

dem00n

man in one band I was in with a guy I grew up with we would get in fights......and I mean violent fist fights.....one time I was

driving down the road...interstate...and we got into it....I slammed the car to the side into a guard rail at about 60 and scraped down that a ways

until we stopped............an fell out the car punching each other over the rail and down an embankment......at this point we started to laugh about

the insanity of the situation.........but still beat on each other a little .......till we remembered we were late to go score some...................

Fat old whore with saggy ****.

How big?

[smile]

I mean' date=' really big 'uns are gonna sag anyway.

Nature and gravity conspire to make them look [i']real[/i].

Unless silicone is your thing.

They look the same even if she stands on her head.

Not sexy at all.

Just sayin'.....

[lol]

. My twin brother was the bass player and we fought like crazy over stupid things. Today we don't even talk to each other anymore because we've grown apart.

Apologies for quoting a rather personal info rocketman, but that actually... scarred me. My twin boys will be turning 2 ... months old tomorrow and the thought of that possibility alone hurt... Anyway, I wish things get better between you eventually.

The other thing: Demoon? How many hours do you spend practising? Because playing guitar only for a year and a half and being part of bands seems... too good! What kind of stuff? Is it easy / hard...? give some feedback here (pun intended!).

The other thing: Demoon? How many hours do you spend practising? Because playing guitar only for a year and a half and being part of bands seems... too good! What kind of stuff? Is it easy / hard...? give some feedback here (pun intended!).

Not too much I'd say Hector. Spends too much time here worrying about what everyone's not saying about him.[crying]

Am I right mate? Huh...

being in a band is difficult when the other members dont have any responsability with practicing, rehearsing, and figuring out what each one really wants from the band is an important thing...

try to find someone that really wants to play and got skills, because it also sucks to have someone in the band that doesnt know how to play or have not enough practice... anyway, its not fun to have a band.. its not easy!

I was the oldest guy in our band by 6 years.........and I went through some unbelieveable grief from, not bandmates parents (well, one guys dad was a COP) but our girlfriends/wives/shack-ups .

Just when we got our act together well enough to do a fantastic 8 song professional grade demo tape (this was back in the reel-to-reel-to-casette days), the women got scared we were gonna bolt on them all (that WAS our plan, and someone snitched) that they broke us up.

There comes at least one (usually more)time in every musicians life when he/she has to decide if the music is more important than___________ (fill in the blank).

Take some sage advice, choose the music.

Heads up dem00n and BTW who needs a band these days to become famous, ...Lenny Kravitz? Dave Grohl? Their first albums were recorded all by themselves, so what you need to do is start writing good stuff, record all by yourself, and once your famous, start your own band to do your promo...[crying] ...and if you didn't know,...I'm a cheap manager...#-o

being in a band is difficult when the other members dont have any responsability with practicing' date=' rehearsing, and figuring out what each one really wants from the band is an important thing...

try to find someone that really wants to play and got skills, because it also sucks to have someone in the band that doesnt know how to play or have not enough practice... anyway, its not fun to have a band.. its not easy![/quote']

My experiences are somewhat different. I agree that it's not easy to deal with everything that can come up in band relationships and situations, especially when the musicians are fairly young. But it IS fun! If it isn't, you shouldn't be doing it. Or you're just not doing it right. [blush]

Apologies for quoting a rather personal info rocketman' date=' but that actually... scarred me. My twin boys will be turning 2 ... months old tomorrow and the thought of that possibility alone hurt... Anyway, I wish things get better between you eventually.

[/quote']

On the weekend i stay up the whole night playing which is why im on the fourm really late somtimes.

I also play when im on the forum mostly messing around put once in the while i get a riff and write it down.

Oh and i get to play in school sometimes with the shity epi they got there and i play at home.

Pfffft, Bands come and go. Just keep playing...and learning a LOT of different styles. Pretty soon,

you won't need a particular "band," but can fill in with anyone...and probably play even more,

than you would, with one particular band. Especially, if you don't limit yourself or options,

to any one kind of music. Just my 2-cents worth.

CB

Just a few insights from another teen:

Like CB said, don't pidgeon hole yourself. Keep genres open and play what feels right.

For me, if there is too much drama, I don't want to be part of it. Do I have the talent to become a big name musician? no, so I am going to enjoy myself and play with friends. Do we suck? no far from it, but I know people that are better but complete jag offs. Fxck em, I don't need it.

The most important part is bonding, and I hope you the best man, it should be kick ***

Apologies for quoting a rather personal info rocketman' date=' but that actually... scarred me. My twin boys will be turning 2 ... months old tomorrow and the thought of that possibility alone hurt... Anyway, I wish things get better between you eventually. [/quote']

Thanks. We are definitely the exception, so you should be fine. The only thing we see eye to eye on is politics. It's kinda strange in a way. We were always VERY competitive. This actually helped us out a lot in many ways. For example, if I played something better than he did, then he'd practice more to be better than me; then I'd practice harder and the cycle would continue. Both of us got Ph.D.s in the same field, mainly because we were trying to outdo each other. But at my age I don't care about the competition anymore, unfortunately he still does.

Archived