Gibson Brands Forums

Introduction

Smalls

Just signed up. Seems like a very cool place. Here’s a little bit of information about me. For about 10-15 years I played the drums. In the mid 70s I was the drummer for a band that had some success. I gave up drums in the 80s to deal with some personal issues [thumbup]. Just starting playing the guitar about a two year ago.When I was on tour in the 70s I was given a 1971 Les Paul Deluxe from a guitarist in one of the bands we opened up for. The guitar sat unplayed for many years. She sounds great and survived the under-the-bed treatment.

Anyway, I hope to learn some things from you guys. I know you probably don’t like drummers that much….but I swear, I am an OK picker. I also own a Yamaha acoustic.

Welcome to the forums Smalls! I dig drummers a lot and always believed that a good guitarist should have a drummer's sense of the tempo.So, you started on a good foot man!

And, yes please, photos of that Deluxe are a must! And you can always ask any questions about computers, internet, guitars, whatever in here. Some knowledgable guys will always reply!

Archived