Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustics Only

The G

It just occurred to me that I spend little or no time on the other Gibson forums.Anybody else an Acoustic section only person?

I guess it would be different if I owned a ES-175,335, or a LP, but as of now I really only focus here. [blush]

It just occurred to me that I spend little or no time on the other Gibson forums.Anybody else an Acoustic section only person?

I guess it would be different if I owned a ES-175' date='335, or a LP, but as of now I really only focus here. :- [/quote']

I have browsed the section for Mandolins, banjos, etc. Not much happening, so I stay here.

Its just a better day when you play acoustic! I have a couple electrics but rarely are they played. I like them and my interests in other electrics run towards vintage electrics that I cannot afford. (50's teles, old Rics etc....) I do like to pick up the magazine Vintage Guitar from time to time but do not go to any electric forums.

Odd though because I listen to a lot of non-acoustic music.....

I wander around and post on the lounge once in a while.

I go to other forums too but it's maddening. Freakin' maddening. There are some reeeaaallllllyy exclusive bunches out there that won't let newbies play with them. I despise that.

I hang around the Gibby Acoustics board only ....

I do have a Les Paul so once in a while when I need some specific info I will go to that board.

But for chillax'n with my buds it is only you guys and gals

Okay, laugh at me on this one...

But the guitar you see in the avatar I usually use is what I play mostly now.

Yeah, it's electric; light strings.

I'm playing it the same way I played a classical in 1963-7, fingerpickin' and come to think of it, probably 30 percent of the same stuff. With the light strings and a low action it's virtually identical to playing nylon strings.

It also lets me record practice on the computer better even than an EA - and I've got both steel and nylon versons.

I mostly hang in the lounge - more general topics; the hollowbody some. Here 'cuz I still "think" kinda parlor guitar fingerstyle even if I've done my share of banging out bluegrassy rhythm and runs...

m

Her and the Lounge. Way too much Lounge.

When I've put in my 2¢ worth here, I hop over to the Lounge, then almost never leave, especially if NeoConMan is there. I haven't heard from him in a while. He mighta got banned. He just don't know when to stop talkin' politics. or at the very least sneak up on it soes to fly under the Mods' radar. (don't tell Ksdaddy)

Archived