Gibson Brands Forums

what ONE of your guitars would you grab first...

S t e v e

Easy . . . I would get my cat to safety. That would be much more important to me than a guitar.

But . . . . .

If I was able to take a guitar as well, I don't know either my 1965 Fender Electric XII or my Collings C10SB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take 2 as i have 2 hands. but if you need to know, it would have to be this one first and than the new R0 Anniver.

this R9 is 1of 59 Rustburst,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_1882-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_1066.jpg

since we are taking mor ethan 1, I would have to take these also:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_0297-2.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

the Strats can be replaced, easy.

Please don't make us choose lol !!!!!!

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Well, it's a tuff question for me because of all the guitars I have, 2 I can never have lost.

One is my 91 SG Jr. Reissue because I am bonded to it and do all of my writing with it.

The 2nd is my friend and bandmate's guitar that I traded some gear he needed for.

He has an enoperable brain tumor and one day will be cut short in this world.

I keep the guitar exactly how he sets them up so that when I play it, it as he played it.

He plays ESP Eclipse guitars exclusivly. The one of his I own is a honeyburst flame top.

So, it will be at least that ESP that gets saved in this hypathetical situation.

Pics:

1991 SG Jr. Reissue, modded by me.

sgjr.jpg

I think 2007-2008 Series II ESP Eclipse, modded by my friend.

ESPeclipse001.jpg

Not the most valuable guitar I own, but the one I would HAVE to replace, so I'd save it and collect the insurance on the others.

.2956910195_608ac00402_o.jpg

I recently had a similar discussion with a vintage guitar dealer friend of mine about the flood in Nashville. He was there and said the water came up so fast, and was so unexpected, there was really no chance to save much. There seems to be a warehouse/rehearsal complex there that many "stars" use for equipment storage and rehearsal space. It went under water. Vince Gill alone lost over 60 instruments, and Peter Frampton says he no longer even has a guitar strap. Besides what your read about the Grand Ole Opry and such, there has been an incredible blow dealt to the professional music community in general.

There's no telling (yet) how many vintage, and semi-priceless instruments went swimming

F*** that First its my dog a beagle i could never part with. so her under the shoulder. The 03 SG in its case in right hand, strat in its gig bag on my back. Raven (a ibanez copy that could slaughter any ibanez, sentamental reason. and my acdc autographed epipone in a nother gig bag on my back. so a dog under left shoulder and a guitar in left hand a guitar in right hand an 2 on my back. i just hope i will make.

GB

Easy decision though not my best.

This is my best guitar but it's a Custom Carvin that I could have made again from the insurance money just exactly like it.

110715014.jpg

How os the tuning stability? FR and no locking nut? [thumbup] Locking tuners I assume.

@KL I have patiently been waiting for a picture of that 12 string Fender you keep mentioning. PLEASE!!!

@KL I have patiently been waiting for a picture of that 12 string Fender you keep mentioning. PLEASE!!!

Oh sorry . . . thanks for your patience. I'll get onto it over the weekend hopefully!

Gibson Custom Shop

Explorer Series

Edition Of: 25.

23 Mahogany Bodies

2 Korina Bodies

Nashville, TN, U.S.A.

Available in 2001

Standard Colors: Aged Brown.

Pick Ups: 2 '57 Classic Humbucking Pickups.

Body: Mahogany / 2 Korina

Neck: Mahogany / 2 Korina

Fingerboard: Rosewood.

Number of Frets: 22.

Scale Length: 24 ¾ inches.

Options: Set Neck

Dot Inlays

One-Piece Body

Hockey Stick Headstock

ABR Tune-O-Matic Bridge

Stopbar Tailpiece

Gold Hardware

Six Individual Single Ring Single Line Kluson Tuners

White Pickguard

Gold Bonnet Knobs

2 Volume Controls

1 Tone Control

Controls In Line (Angled Up)

3-way Pickup Selector Switch on Lower Bout

Black Custom Shop Case

Original List Price: 5500.00

Damm..........I always thought you put the saw to that thing yourself !......I was quite impressed with the bevel finish you put on it.......

Next thing your gonna say is there is no Great Pumpkin.............damm it................................when is talk like a pirate day ............YAR !!!

Talk about difficult decisions

This is my oldest and has the most sentimental value - '78 Les Paul

IMG_1525_0495_edited-1.jpg

This one is probably worth the most: SRV strat with Brazillian rosewood fretboard and serial number in the 900's

IMG_1562_0523_edited-1.jpg

This is the best playing and sounding guitar I own - Elitist Dot

IMG_1512_0482_edited-1.jpg

So I don't know which I would grab first? :)

djroge, I have to tell you that for the longest time I have seriously loved that Lester of yours.

How about you hand it over to me for a little while? You know, so that the choice is easier if you do end up in a house fire? It's easier to choose between two guitars than three. [blink][biggrin]

Just messin' around. [biggrin] It's a lovely guitar, though. As for my choice, I think I'd probably grab the SG and run, but then again my SG and my Guild are both right next to each other in my apartment, and right near the doorway, so I think I could probably grab both. :)

OK, I just ran in and saved my L-5. The house is totally engulfed, but all my buddies from Gibson.com have just showed up to help.

Who wants to run in and save this one? While you are deciding, let me tell you that Dwight D. Eisenhower was president of the United States Of America when it was made!

2886902854_632a1c8ac7_o.jpg

Archived