Gibson Brands Forums

Post your Strat!

Hthomas

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1983 Fender "Smith" Strat, made shortly before going to the two-knob FreeFlyte models. Small headstock, four bolt neck, deep contours..... they were trying to go back to the Good Old Days while using up what they could of leftover 70s/80s stock.

Link

83strat1.jpg

83strat4.jpg

2669321450100337768S600x600Q85.jpg

I usually post 'em all at the same time, but this time I'm stretching it out a little. Here's my MIM Deluxe Players Strat. Nothing but the Vintage Noiseless Pickups are original equipment. Wilkinson Steel Block Trem and Fender Upgraded pots and caps.

I like picture of guitars without the strings on them.

Why "Post your Strat!" in the Gibson forum? Just curious. [cursing]

It's one of the reasons we have a lounge, Neo. There was a time when posting ANYTHING that wasn't Gibson branded was promptly deleted.

Those who were not here in the "old days" tend to take our freedom of posting for granted.

I recall having to put "Oh yeah, and Gibson Les Pauls ROCK!" at the bottom of birthday wishes to prevent deletion.

It's mighty nice to be able to post my Strats.

It's even better when I get to say my Les Paul is still my #1 [cursing]

Oh yeah, and GIBSON LES PAULS ROCK!

Jimi would have recommended expanding your mind. He probably would have been talking about something else' date=' but anyway...

[img']http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk203/popzak/tHendrix4.jpg[/img]

JimiHendrix.jpg

hendrix-paul.gif

Jimi should have stuck with the Jazzmaster, but switched to the Strat [cursing] .

It is always nice to see the High Priest at the Church of the Sonic guitar rocking something else. Loved his Flying V too.

You know' date=' most people think evolution stopped at Homo Sapiens, despite constant proof that some folks didn't get too far away from Neanderthal man.

Just a theory.[/quote']

Why you wanna make me cry?

Archived