Gibson Brands Forums

Why...

heymisterk

I think people can post a reply or an opinion,even if not in favor or in agreement with the original post,and keep it tactful and respectful if they try.Its ok to disagree and have an opinion,but their thoughts could be conveyed without dissing the others posts,opinions,etc

...do some people enter a thread only to bash what you have posted? I will never understand it. For instance' date=' earlier Californiaman had a thread about Michael Jackson posted that was positive in nature. It didn't take long for the moderator to shut it down because people came out to bash MJ. I understand that people have a right to say what they want, but people who post something kind of as a homage to an artist or person or clip or whatever do so because they want like-minded people to contribute; they do not want people to bash what they post. I have noticed on the rare occasion that I post a video clip, people will often rip it apart because they hate it/don't like the artist/can play it better/are sexually frustrated. Why? Why? I don't like Buckethead or Ronnie James Dio, but I don't go into those threads and bash the hell out of people who do.

To me, it's just courtesy and common sense. [/quote']

+1

Freaks is freaks.

That's a big part of why we like them.

Until...

They cross a line - and it's different for everyone.

I raised two sweet little girls - I never felt them threatened by anyone - because I took pains to insure their safety.

Never mind.

Anyone one who is a proven child molester should be shunned and rightfully so... Nothing was ever proven about MJ. Was he weird, yes... Was he played by the media, yes.... Did he pay out millions to make a public lynching go away, yes.

No one can say they know for a fact what MJ really did but the child that accused him and didn't he commit suicide not long ago? Maybe it was guilt...:) Maybe he or his family saw an opportunity to get millions of dollars at the expense of ruining someones reputation...

For years everyone tells you MJ is a freak so in your mind MJ is a freak... Everything everyone says about him must have been true, he is a freak. Well just imagine, if you can, that he never did molest a child and his love for children was genuine not sexual. That would be very sad. In any case the world lost a great composer and creative person. His music and videos brought great joy, happiness and memories to millions of people.

If you can say you know for sure he did what he was accused of, which I doubt because you weren't there, try to remember people a supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty... Just sayin'.... Peace...

Was he weird' date=' yes... Was he played by the media, yes.... .[/quote']

No one and I mean no one knew how to manipulate the media like MJ. The old saying that any publicity is good publicity applies here.

Was the kid talented? Yes no doubt.

Was his death tragic? Maybe but no more so than Elvis or any person that gets caught up in a world of drugs and illusion.

I love kids too but know better than to invite them into my bed for sleep overs.

Ultimately his inability to deal with adults on an adult level was his undoing. Just my opinion.

I was never a fan of his solo stuff and his voice had become thin and nasally (chock that up to all the plastic surgery)

but it's amazing listening to him on the old J5 records.

The burning question in my mind is this: Why do people start threads with ambiguous titles that I have to click into just to find out what the topic is about?

Actually you don't have to click on the thread. Just point the cursor to the subject title' date=' and the contents within the opening post will pop-up right before your eyes[biggrin']

Anywhoo, certainly the thread starter has to keep in mind that any controversial threads about controversial individuals are subject to being whacked. And when we see it heading in a direction where it was not intended, well in some cases it's off to AREA51.

We know that all threads manage to go off topic, as a matter of fact the Gibson Lounge certainly gets the honorable mention award for " most bizarre threads" from time to time.[cool] .... But as long as the threads have some element of well intention, we try to keep those bizarre threads afloat[cool]

Actually you don't have to click on the thread. Just point the cursor to the subject title' date=' and the contents within the opening post will pop-up right before your eyes[biggrin']

Don't go messing up my truth with facts, Duane. [biggrin]

Woody Allen

Wasn't Soon-Yi well into her twenties when they got together? Sure, it is still creepy as all hell to hook up with your step daughter, but I'm not so sure Soon-Yi is some totally helpless victim and as far as I know she has said herself that they never had a father daughter relationship anyway.

All in all, I dislike Woody more because of his annoying overrated movies.

My brother worked on a MJ tour. He said it was 'known' to the crew what was going on. 'nuff said'

You can't take his music away from him though.

Sometimes madness breeds genius.

What was known, who knew it? Who saw it..?. What was your brothers position on the tour? Did he have access to MJ's living quarters or bedroom?

What was known' date=' who knew it? Who saw it..?. What was your brothers position on the tour? Did he have access to MJ's living quarters or bedroom? [/quote']

yea mate you can't make statements like that without people wanting to know more...

Yes! Stevejoshlay' date=' California Man, and myself are getting hosed down....we just couldn't talk any of the girls into it [blush']

LOL! Some girls don't find the prospect of getting hosed particularly attractive. Go figger! [biggrin]

Archived