Gibson Brands Forums

Why...

heymisterk

...do some people enter a thread only to bash what you have posted? I will never understand it. For instance, earlier Californiaman had a thread about Michael Jackson posted that was positive in nature. It didn't take long for the moderator to shut it down because people came out to bash MJ. I understand that people have a right to say what they want, but people who post something kind of as a homage to an artist or person or clip or whatever do so because they want like-minded people to contribute; they do not want people to bash what they post. I have noticed on the rare occasion that I post a video clip, people will often rip it apart because they hate it/don't like the artist/can play it better/are sexually frustrated. Why? Why? I don't like Buckethead or Ronnie James Dio, but I don't go into those threads and bash the hell out of people who do.

To me, it's just courtesy and common sense.

People are jacka$$es. I'm not saying I'm not included among the group who has blasted a topic. If I did, it was unintentional. I try to remain mild in temperment to prevent fights and such. No I'm not always successful, sometimes I go overboard. I never mean to offend anyone, or their opinions. I try to give a simple explanation of my view and move on.

People are jerks. Every last one of us has our moments.

...do some people enter a thread only to bash what you have posted? I will never understand it. For instance' date=' earlier Californiaman had a thread about Michael Jackson posted that was positive in nature. It didn't take long for the moderator to shut it down because people came out to bash MJ. I understand that people have a right to say what they want, but people who post something kind of as a homage to an artist or person or clip or whatever do so because they want like-minded people to contribute; they do not want people to bash what they post. I have noticed on the rare occasion that I post a video clip, people will often rip it apart because they hate it/don't like the artist/can play it better/are sexually frustrated. Why? Why? I don't like Buckethead or Ronnie James Dio, but I don't go into those threads and bash the hell out of people who do.

[b']To me, it's just courtesy and common sense.[/b]

Right there is the problem...those things, are in very short supply,

these days...seemingly, anyway. ;>b

But, in all fairness...most folks here, try (most of the time, anyway)

to be civil, and not "unkind," save as a Joke. But, as was mentioned,

there's always a few, that TRY to spoil it, for the rest. I (usually) tend

to ignore those types, and "trolls," whenever possible.

Hang in there...it's a good forum, for the most part. ;>)

CB

Some

Some

Generalized a bit. Maybe I'm a bit of a pessimist.

Try reading Arthur Shopenhauer's Essays and come out full on optimistic. Well, I have to say I agreed with a bit of what he was sayin.

Generalized a bit. Maybe I'm a bit of a pessimist.

Try reading Arthur Shopenhauer's Essays and come out full on optimistic. Well' date=' I have to say I agreed with a bit of what he was sayin.[/quote']

Nah, I agree with you....but its unfair to generalize it like that....so yea...

Nah' date=' I agree with you....but its unfair to generalize it like that....so yea...[/quote']

Well you get what I mean.

this is an example of what I said in the "Why..." thread where I didn't think straight and inadvertantly made a comment that seemed to be rather extreme.

If you can't say anything nice.......

As corny as it sounds, that's how I do it here. I don't want to waste my time or energy or brain cells thinking/posting about something I don't care for or don't care at all. And I'm not one to rain on somebody else's parade. I hate Madonna, Bon Jovi and Green Day but is someone posts a thread about how my they like one of those 3, it's not worth my time to bash them. Some people like to stir things up. That's about it.

As corny as it sounds' date=' that's how I do it here. I don't want to waste my time or energy or brain cells thinking/posting about something I don't care for or don't care at all. And I'm not one to rain on somebody else's parade. I hate Madonna, Bon Jovi and Green Day but is someone posts a thread about how my they like one of those 3, it's not worth my time to bash them. Some people like to stir things up. That's about it.

[/quote']

Ditto that..Life is to short to make hay over something you don't care about..

As corny as it sounds' date=' that's how I do it here. I don't want to waste my time or energy or brain cells thinking/posting about something I don't care for or don't care at all. And I'm not one to rain on somebody else's parade. I hate Madonna, Bon Jovi and Green Day but is someone posts a thread about how my they like one of those 3, it's not worth my time to bash them. Some people like to stir things up. That's about it.

[/quote']

Exactly, If someone posts a John Mayer thread I won't say anything about how lame he is or limp wristed his solos are. I just stay the heck out of the thread. [biggrin]

The basis of any open forum is point/counter point. There are people here who dont see the world through rose coloured

glasses. I am one of them. I am a realist.

Michael Jackson, Pete Townshend, Woody Allen, Gary Glitter, Roman Polanski etc....these men make me sick to my stomach. I dont care what they

did artistically good or bad. People seem to forget what they did.....Ill bet the kids involved will never forget.

If you want to call me a stick in the mud then go right ahead....as a responsable adult with children, im speaking for those who cant.

I never want anyone to forget what these sick bastards have done.

The Michael Jackson' date=' Pete Townshend, Woody Allen, Gary Glitter, Roman Polanski etc....these men make me sick to my stomach. I dont care what they

did artistically good or bad. People seem to forget what they did.....Ill bet the kids involved will never forget.

[/quote']

What about Jimmy Page? You don't own any Led Zepplin albums do you?

Archived