Gibson Brands Forums

Best Polish Cloths for Virtuoso + Les Paul?

Geetar_Axl

Micro fibre are the best . My local guitar shop got me on to them and Im glad he did. Cotton clean but they always leave a residue and just tend to smear .Clean it with cotton and take a close look at it and then clean it with micro fibre and see the difference. Sounds like a bloody advert but they are very good plus they don,t scatch up the nitro finish. Thats just my preference and people will say otherwise so try it for your self.

Not sure about the disc cleaning cloth but it is a similar material but they will say micro fibre on the pack plus they wash well were as cotton dont seem to and they seem to come out waxy.

Hmm I might go with the old Micro fibre' date=' are they the same as those disk cleaning ones? I had a yellow one round somewhere.....

Yeah just got my polish today! Bloody quick! Now I need the guitar XD[/quote']

I don't know if he read the title of your thread. For general polishing microfiber is great, but as far as doing a Virtuoso polish (especially on a faded LP) go with cotton. After that, for regular cleaning microfiber will be fine.

I virtuosoed my Squier ( I know, pointless) and it came out great because someone reminded me to wash it first. It has a poly finish though. This was when I was more focused on having a clean guitar then playing one.

I just used Virtuoso over the weekend. It worked great. But it did bring out the swirl marks. I spoke to the company yesterday. They said it was common on guitars in which other polishes have been used. They said the swirls would come out by using the Virtuoso cleaner a couple of times.

Chamois. Preferably the real deal, as the simulated chamois gets those little lintballs on it, and they can put fine scratches on the finish if your overzealous about polishing.

The absolute best I've found is Dean Markley microfiber made for nitro finishes. Just make sure with any microfiber you use to fold the stitched seams to the middle away from the finish. They will wreck havoc otherwise.

Archived