Gibson Brands Forums

A word to the wise, dont go cheap on shower heads.

dem00n

So today around 7 am i go to take a shower, turn the water on and boom! The wire connecting to the shower head that connects to wall opens up and hits me in the face and floods half the bathroom. Guess what i was doing for half an hour. [cursing] Also id be dead if it hit any outputs!

So lesson learned, dont go cheap on shower heads!

Now you've done it.

You've opened the door to those that believe Monster shower heads are better than the house brand because they can hear a difference.

Hook it up to one of those $450 power cables, and you wouldn't have had any problems in the first place.

selling the shower heads out of the back of trucks because they were high powered....

I've used the same shower head for a dozen years, it's a "pre-ban" head that flows substantially more than the Federally Mandated 2.5 gpm.

"Before 1980, many showerheads exceeded 5 GPM (18.9 LPM). Energy conservation initiatives enacted regulations to limit shower flows to reduce hot water usage and consequently the natural gas and electricty used to heat water. In the mid-1980s, some states restricted flows to 3.5 GPM (13.2 LPM), and later reduced further to 3.0 GPM (11.4 LPM). The Federal Energy Policy Act set a nationwide regulation to limit showerheads to a maximum flow of 2.5 GPM (9.5 LPM) in the mid-1990s, following California’s mandate in 1992."

Thanks once again, California...

Mrs Riverside swears she can tell when the shower gets hot because she can hear it.

True.

Water density changes with temperature - so does the sound it makes through the plumbing.

Same trick has been used in industry for centuries, very useful in a chemical plant where you can't run the liquid over your hand to check for desired temp without grievous bodily harm.

[scared]

Archived