Gibson Brands Forums

Halloween

Artie Owl

Halloween, being on Sunday, this year...We're playing Saturday night, at the local

"Watering Hole!" Should be a Hoot, as we did the same thing, last year, and the

costumes of patrons were great! Don't really do anything, costume wise, myself...

but, it's fun seeing what other's come up with.

CB

We have a Saturday Night Halloween Party at one of our Local Spots, too. We learned a few "Halloween-ish" tunes and we are Dressing Up for the festivities. There's a Costume Contest and Drink Specials, they even advertised us on the Local Radio (KBHR may not be KMET, but I was still stoked to hear our name on the radio [thumbup] ).

Have a good Gig CB!

We have a Saturday Night Halloween Party at one of our Local Spots, too. We learned a few "Halloween-ish" tunes and we are Dressing Up for the festivities. There's a Costume Contest and Drink Specials, they even advertised us on the Local Radio (KBHR may not be KMET, but I was still stoked to hear our name on the radio [thumbup] ).

Have a good Gig CB!

You too, FirstMeasure! "Break a Leg," as they say...

I was going to get some "Twilight eyes" (contacts), but I didn't have

time to get a perscription (around here), and then have them shipped

to be here in time. It would have been fun, to see if anyone noticed

them?! LOL And, it wouldn't get in the way of playing, like a "costume"

might. Oh Well! Maybe next year?!

CB

I'll be gigging as usual. Of course, we will be playing "Monster Mash".

I'm dressing up in doctor's "scrubs" this year and so is Leilani.

We did this about 10 or so years ago, and as we approached a gated community for the gig in my white mini-van, the security guard saw two "doctors" in a white van and opened the gate and waved us in without asking any questions. He obviously thought we were on an emergency call.

I'll be offering to give free breast exams to the ladies.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

I have a 9 year old so I'm all over Halloween. I don't dress up much though. Last time I went as a geek. I had broken glasses with tape around them, buck teeth, a pocket protector with 30 pens/pencils, a protractor and compass, brown pants with a paper clip for the belt buckle, one brown and one black sock, and toilet paper hanging out of my shoe. Yeah I know, it's how a dress everyday because I AM a geek. But at least I'm no longer a college geek...yep I'm proud to say that I'm a professional geek now!!!

I will be cleaverly disguised as a slightly bald 60ish man who is sitting in front of his TV, snacking on cheap candy, hoping no one rings his door bell.

I once went to a halloween party dressed in a cardboard box with a sign that said;

Otis Elevator

It was a up lifting experience...

You too, FirstMeasure! "Break a Leg," as they say...

I was going to get some "Twilight eyes" (contacts), but I didn't have

time to get a perscription (around here), and then have them shipped

to be here in time. It would have been fun, to see if anyone noticed

them?! LOL And, it wouldn't get in the way of playing, like a "costume"

might. Oh Well! Maybe next year?!

CB

My "costume" is going to be a T Shirt with a Tuxedo on it, unless I can get a Star Trek uniform Shirt in time. Can't get all Bulky.

We did this about 10 or so years ago, and as we approached a gated community for the gig in my white mini-van, the security guard saw two "doctors" in a white van and opened the gate and waved us in without asking any questions. He obviously thought we were on an emergency call.

I'll be offering to give free breast exams to the ladies.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

...you should go as a Gynecologist..... \:D/

Well when I was young...[biggrin] I'd always wrap myself up in aluminum foil and be a baked potato.

Had a kid pass out from being overheated doing that once, but it was a Tin Man costume for the school play.

Oh and CB, I'd let those girls turn me into a vamp any day.

Had a kid pass out from being overheated doing that once, but it was a Tin Man costume for the school play.

Oh and CB, I'd let those girls turn me into a vamp any day.

It was just a roll or two my friends would slap on with some tape in 5 minutes, I remember being chilly rather than hot at all, I spent the whole time outside. Really evens out I guess the chubbier kids can't keep up and won't get as much candy as kids who were in shape, I assumed this incident happened indoors? I never went to many Halloween parties (although I can still bob an apple in under 2 seconds, a bit more annoying now with my current hair length) much as I preferred things like Christmas and Valentine's day parties and I still do. The trick to good apple bobbing is to drive the apple to the bottom of the tank or to a corner, and bite firmly enough to hold it yet not with enough strength to get a piece. Well I'm kind of rambling on.[flapper]

Tradition here in the Big Bean is that local bands usually do complete cover sets

I.E.

we are doing a full Cock Sparrer set Sun Night at a benefit show.

there are a bunch of my buddies that do the Misfits every year.

it's loads of fun, and I can dress with out shelling out for a dumb a** costume.msp_thumbup.gif

And the $300 question: Who made MM famous? (I have it on LP)

Didn't the neurotic lawyer sing some cool song in that sit com?

Guess NeoConMan better have a sit-down with the community gate guards about Halloween procedure.

Archived