Gibson Brands Forums

Have you ever had your heart broken?

heymisterk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twice my heart was crushed (and wrote the best tunes ever right afterwards...)

My first real love in HS

After my divorce I met this young lady while teaching at Uconn; she wasn't my student so it wasn't against the rules. That lasted almost 4 years with us ending up living together for 3 years. One day she walked up and said goodbye; no warnings at all. What was really painful was my children were really attached to her and she told them she would return. She never did and while she tried to make it better with the kids; she didn't it did more damage.

That is a horrible story. Let me ask you this: How did you cope right after it happened?

I would say I was crushed twice. A couple of years ago, I was with the person I thought I was going to marry, but then I founded she was diddling another guy...another teacher, by the way.

Recently, I was with a girl whom I loved, but we just couldn't make it work; just couldn't make each other happy. We were in love, but it was a miserable kind of love, if that makes any sense.

My biological mom broke my heart by putting me up for adoption at age two in Munich Germany. And I remember the experience, which is very rare ( to remember memories from that age.) I still wonder how my life would have been different if I had grown up there; All I know is I would have still been a guitarist and such, with the difference being German girls would have further broken my heart rather than American girls!! Whats the difference? Who knows. Live and learn. Breaking hearts and getting a heart broken are great for songwriting though. The important thing is to not be taken for a ride.[unsure][cursing][scared][wub][-X

My biological mom broke my heart by putting me up for adoption at age two in Munich Germany. And I remember the experience, which is very rare ( to remember memories from that age.) I still wonder how my life would have been different if I had grown up there; All I know is I would have still been a guitarist and such, with the difference being German girls would have further broken my heart rather than American girls!! Whats the difference? Who knows. Live and learn. Breaking hearts and getting a heart broken are great for songwriting though. The important thing is to not be taken for a ride.[unsure][cursing][scared][wub][-X

Wow, that's a rather sad story. If I can ask, how old were you when you were up for adoption?

Twice. 5th grade and then junior year of high school. Looking back, 5th grade was probably stupid, but junior year was legitimate.

5th grade, girl I really liked and I asked her to hang out sometime. She kissed me and said sure, then she wouldn't talk to me afterwards and told me to never talk to her again.

Junior Year, this girl wanted me to teach her guitar so I obliged. She said she wanted to learn, but she pretty much just had me play stuff for her then we would talk and joke around and stuff like that. Long story short, I told her I got us concert tickets to go Sick Puppies, and then she asked if she could bring this other guy she was trying to get with... I told her how I felt, and then she couldn't believe I was serious about it...

And if you want to post something like "Well obviously, this is where you messed up..." I don't want to hear it

Twice. 5th grade and then junior year of high school. Looking back, 5th grade was probably stupid, but junior year was legitimate.

5th grade, girl I really liked and I asked her to hang out sometime. She kissed me and said sure, then she wouldn't talk to me afterwards and told me to never talk to her again.

Junior Year, this girl wanted me to teach her guitar so I obliged. She said she wanted to learn, but she pretty much just had me play stuff for her then we would talk and joke around and stuff like that. Long story short, I told her I got us concert tickets to go Sick Puppies, and then she asked if she could bring this other guy she was trying to get with... I told her how I felt, and then she couldn't believe I was serious about it...

And if you want to post something like "Well obviously, this is where you messed up..." I don't want to hear it

What you experienced was rejection, not a broken heart. Broken hearts are usually a result of lost love and commitment.

Yes, in my late teens. Man, it was a living hell. I almost rather lose a limb than go through another broken heart.

I've been there. And I think those heartbreaks in the teens and early 20s are the worst. Unless, of course, later on you get dealt a Sam Kinison devil girl that cuts your heart out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJKg4TXf6PQ&feature=player_embedded#!

I've felt crushed by it. I split with my wife (amicably) and bought another house. I got my life together and decided to contact the 'true' love of my life.

Only to find she'd just died of cancer. It broke my heart as I knew she was the one when I got married. She even came to the wedding (family friend). She cried on my wedding night to me saying it should be her. I was married for 21 years (unhappily). I sold my Les Paul's to try and help the marriage. What a waste.

I can honestly say that I'll never be happy now. I've had all the happiness knocked out of me.

If you are unhappy within a relationship...move on. They'll get over it. Don't stay for the childrens sake.

YOU have a life to live, Live it. Don't waste it. I'm 51 now and regret the last 30 years of mine.

I've felt crushed by it. I split with my wife (amicably) and bought another house. I got my life together and decided to contact the 'true' love of my life.

Only to find she'd just died of cancer. It broke my heart as I knew she was the one when I got married. She even came to the wedding (family friend). She cried on my wedding night to me saying it should be her. I was married for 21 years (unhappily). I sold my Les Paul's to try and help the marriage. What a waste.

I can honestly say that I'll never be happy now. I've had all the happiness knocked out of me.

If you are unhappy within a relationship...move on. They'll get over it. Don't stay for the childrens sake.

YOU have a life to live, Live it. Don't waste it. I'm 51 now and regret the last 30 years of mine.

Dude, sorry read this. You're 51 and have many years left to enjoy. Get yourself another Les Paul and start a new era in your life. [thumbup]

That's sad, and I suppose it's easy for someone to simply say "get over it", but I recognize how ugly it'd be to stay in an unhappy relationship for too long, only to get free and find "the one" is no longer available.

My first wife, (a groupie), and I weren't happy, but I only wasted 6 years of my life, (she wasted FAR less time.... which goes to show ya, NEV ER marry a groupie!), but I've been married now for almost 33 years.

I'd be crushed without my rock.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Understand, things will get better. ALL relationships end, and the survivors move on eventually.

Yep - probably the best thing that ever happened to me in the long run. Hard when it's happening though.

Agree 100%.

Fickle, undecided women only piss me off - learned that in high school.

But if they really are truly mixed up (and not just lying) then it can't be helped.

They have to sort that out on their own - somewhere else.

Divorce can be a soul-crusher and betrayal isn't just sexual.

When instead it's a gold-digging money grab?

When it shakes your faith in everything you know to be true?

When it involves homes, commercial property, investments, hundreds of thousands of dollars, friends - and children....

Yeah, that'll do it.

And I remember how wounded I was when my freshman highschool girlfriend dumped me for an "older" man.

Jeez...

But if that's the worst emotional pain you've experienced, it seems like the end of the world.

Good riddance to all, I'm a better man for it.

The best revenge is living well, and this I know for a fact.

[thumbup]

Archived