Gibson Brands Forums

Top 5 favorite guitarist.

shaved_ape

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to put in an unsing hero in my book...

Roy Marchbank is someone I discovered only when I was in my late 20's and someone who I am a big fan of also msp_thumbup.gif He works as a construction worker in Barcelona and is a wonderful musician and real innovator in my humble opinion...

Pleasantly surprised to see that on a list, I'd also love to have his ES he uses in most live situations.

Ah, his "big red" apparently it is dead now, he wrote on his blog that it had just died, wouldn't keep in tune, loads of problems. When Noel Gallagher was asked why he plays a Gibbo ES, he replied "I play a big red guitar because Johnny Marr plays a big red guitar"

and theres another legendary guitarist, Sir Marr....

and theres another legendary guitarist, Sir Marr....

But he's Irish. Can they have that title?

j/k. Love all of Marr's work from the Smiths to Electronica to the Healers. Brilliant. Have you heard the song they used for David Cross' new show? The song is called "life is sweet".

Have you heard the song they used for David Cross' new show? The song is called "life is sweet".

The Chemical brothers song?!

The only reason I listen to the Cribs is because of Marr. Hes a wicked Guitarist

I wish I had asked 10 favorite guitarist, because Slash and Reverend Horton Heat should have been on my list.

But for all those who did you rock, he helped start the scene out here in Dallas and I remember the first time I saw him I snuck out of my house in high school just to go see him.

I wish I could find this when Scott Churillo was drumming for them, but I did find a 20+ year performance of my favorite song. I don't think I have ever seen him use a Gibson in the 5 times I have seen him live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-KCUZZyOA0

• 1 month later...

Archived