Gibson Brands Forums

Somebody should buy this

GIANTRobOT42O

Am I the only person who doesn't like that guitar? I mean the workmanship looks great but I wouldn't go anywhere near that.

Kinda fishy hes selling it though...that be a guitar you kinda keep till you die you know.

Why when he can just make himself another one...a better one.

I wouldn't wanna play it resting on my lap for too long. I watched the build thread for this guitar and there is a big tear out (Dremel situation) under the switch ring. Probably makes no odds if you didn't know it was there, but it is.

If anything its a cool idea. Hes should make more. Doesn't Gibson have a bass with the Violin styling? I think Jack Bruce played one.

Yeah I believe that is called the eb-0. Jack Bruce did play one as well as an eb-3 (SG body). They have a '59 at the Hollywood GC and it's pretty cool but it's really clunky IMO.

I like Höfner way more for the violin bass. Höfners are just really beautiful and well designed. I love how the body is hollow it makes them really light and gives them a cool sound. I wonder if they make a violin body guitar because if they do I want one.

Am I the only person who doesn't like that guitar? I mean the workmanship looks great but I wouldn't go anywhere near that.

Why when he can just make himself another one...a better one.

"...I wouldn't go anywhere near that." - a very "considerate" assessment by you, R9.

I don't like it either.

Archived