Gibson Brands Forums

George Harrison

cookieman15061

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was only 58, too young. All Things Must Pass is one of those always replace (if something happedned to it)classic albums in my collection and his last few songs in the Beatles were phenomenal, he really came into his own. RIP

He was only 58, too young. All Things Must Pass is one of those always replace (if something happedned to it)classic albums in my collection and his last few songs in the Beatles were phenomenal, he really came into his own. RIP

I agree, and the tribute that his friends made (Concert for George) may be the best live performance I have ever seen.

I actually bought a Hammond console organ and Leslie speaker behind Billy Preston's solo on "Isn't it a Pity"...

What it must have been like to see that show live...

I agree, and the tribute that his friends made (Concert for George) may be the best live performance I have ever seen.

I actually bought a Hammond console organ and Leslie speaker behind Billy Preston's solo on "Isn't it a Pity"...

What it must have been like to see that show live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCKvCL93hw

It is a wonderful DVD and just filled with love by the guys who knew him best. Maybe the best concert film ever.msp_thumbup.gif

If you've never seen it get it NOW!!

Wow, nine years?!?!? Thx for the thread/reminder Cookieman.

Gone too soon. I think he had a lot left in him. I still enjoy watching the 30 minute Traveling Wilbury's video. Those guys were just having fun and it was all George's idea. I think of all the Beatles, he was the most pragmatic and "down to earth" if you will. He was also not given enough credit for his ability with a slide, either.

RIP George.

George was a bit under rated for his guitar skills, and his song writing. The man was incredible. His co-writing and rhythm guitar work with Cream on "Badge" is a masterpiece. A great loss. RIP George, indeed. December 8th, remember John as well.

Archived