Gibson Brands Forums

Artist Models

neilpanda

Hmm...quite a lot of artist models have com out from Gibson lately.

some are ok and some are useless.

I like the Don Felder Hotel California Les Paul looks nice [thumbup]

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Don-Felder-Hotel-California-1959-Les-Paul.aspx

but I really dont like the jonas guitar...ugh [thumbdn]

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Melody-Maker/Gibson-USA/Jonas-Brothers-Melody-Maker.aspx

any thoughts?

I like the JB signature melody maker... don't think they even know what a melody maker is tho, all I see they use for paper pictures is customs and fancy stuff :rolleyes: I'd take out that JB logo and their signatures. [thumbup]

The buckethead signature is what a signature guitar should be: something the production model doesn't give you. I'm tired of all these signatures that are only a standard with straplocks, or a standard with a signature that's not Les'. [sneaky] The BH signature has lots of features, and then there's the size. You just can't have that on a production standard.

The buckethead signature is what a signature guitar should be: something the production model doesn't give you. I'm tired of all these signatures that are only a standard with straplocks, or a standard with a signature that's not Les'. [sneaky] The BH signature has lots of features, and then there's the size. You just can't have that on a production standard.

Agreed....I'd like to see something other than a Les Paul.....an explorer would be great....not the Futura but an Explorer

Many of the Sigs are nice, but the pricing ??

I'm holding out for the Limited Edition " TEH BEAST " Sig Model Les Paul, non chambered, non weight relieved, with 3 P-90s, and with the ' TehBeast ' Quad Color Burst, which changes colors depending on the angle it's viewed from...And signed by the artist himself....Best of all, it will retail at an affordable $2167.48, which means a street price of $1766.34...........And all 'lounge' members will get an additional discount depending on their thread and post counts.......

Y'know...I really, really love the principle behind the Epi Jeff Waters signature, because Annihilator is a great band, and Jeff Waters is really a great guitarist. I don't even mind that it's an Epi.

The results look good and, for the record, sound good over YouTube demos etc. I haven't played one, so I can't comment on feel or build quality. But if I tried one and liked the way it felt, I wouldn't feel silly about buying one, even if it is an Epi, and even if it is a signature model. That's basically how I feel about signature models: if I like the way they feel, sound, and look, and if the price is right, then that's good enough for me regardless of whose name is on it.

That said I can't justify, for my own sake, buying a signature model that costs $25,000. I just feel uncomfortable thinking about spending that much on a guitar, especially when my #1 cost less than $800 retail when I got it.

I'm not very big on artist sig guitars, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my Epi Iommi sig. A little used and abused but for the price I payed for it you could barely buy the Gibson Iommi pickups that are in it. The 24 fret neck and cross inlays are pretty cool too.

IMG_0542.jpg

I like the Joe Bonamassa signature, both the Goldtop and the Bonaburst. I hate the price though........

Some sigs, like the tobacco burst Slash model look great but they shouldn't give one artist so many models.

Of course they are doing it based on popularity ( I think), so I guess from a business perspective it makes sense.

I love the look of some sig guitars. But I wouldn't buy one for the sig reason. ie. Could you see Joe Walsh playing a Bonamassa model?

I like the look of the Sammy Hagar LP but that headstock is Vile.

Thay should do a sig model and an equivelant non sig model.

Ie. Slash LP and an unburst to match.

Archived