Gibson Brands Forums

Did we talk about the new Firebird X color?

dem00n

Odd...

With such little time until release, they reveal two entirely new finishes, at the same time disregarding the finishes that were presented originally...

Actually, these ones look better to me. I like the new finishes a lot--hate the names, though. "Redolution" and "Bluevolution" are just stupid.

They look like my Jackson's crinsom swirl and erie dee swirl finishes [biggrin]

They look way better than the original FX in the video/presentation [thumbup]

They should have used those for the presentation IMO, would have made a more positive impact. The fretboard wood looks better too.

BTW What's with the multi colored tips and knobs?

I think they should have 2 options:

1st all knobs and tips chrome plated like to go with the hardware.

2nd all knobs made of black plastic and all tips in the same finish as the guitar (blue for the blue guitar and red for the red guitar)

Just my humble opinion, it would make bot guitars look way more pro and less like toys. [thumbup]

I think Fen... has some cool looking Burton paisley designs on their telecasters. Being an older guy, I think paisley's are really cool looking. [thumbup]

The way Gibson has been coming up with some wild ideas (IMO) for putting holes and reversing their Explorer, making a birch laminate SG, and making various auto-tuning type guitars that seem to continue to be upgraded on a regular basis, to include the Firebird X; I'm surprised Gibson hasn't come up with limited edition fancy paint jobs such as a paisley option to help sell their guitars.

Whoops, I just remembered; Gibson did have a limited number of GOM LP's a few years ago with I think a Tom Morgan custom paint job. They were pretty cool too..

Archived