Gibson Brands Forums

Let's talk Amps! What Rig are you Running Through?

Andy R

Me -

2- 1973 Marshall 100 Watt Super Leads with original PTP boards through 2 - 76 Marshall 4/12's with 25 watt celestions

Other Goodies:

Maestro Echoplex

Chandler Digital Echo/delay

Palmer PDI-03 Speaker Sim

Webber Mass 150 Attenuator

Furman PQ3

ClinchFX - EP3 Echoplex Pre-amp

Boss - Vintage Boss GE-10 EQ

Vintage MXR Flanger

EVH - Phase 90

Smallstone - Phase

Quadraverb

Vintage MXR - 6 band EQ

Tube Screamer - reissue

Boss Stereo Chorus

Put all that through a mixing board, add some more EQ and Delay, some compression, mute the channel and I sound Awesome!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I...hate you!

So jealous! [crying]

Uh...Marshall Haze 40 and a Park practice amp. :unsure:

No need to hate. 5 years ago I only had a 200.00 Ibenhad guitar and a little Digitech pedal. Mid-life crisis, no kids and e-bay = Gear Binges

also = no 401K msp_biggrin.gif

I use a Peavey Transtube Supreme Head w/ a 4/12 cab for my guitar, Picture296-1.jpg A marshale head with Peavey 2/12 cab and Samson 200 wt. Stereo Studio head for my Keyboards. Picture300-1.jpg A peavey XR-600 F as my PA head, With an Acoustic Head as a whatever head. Picture303-1.jpg . A set of Black Widow 15" cabs for the back and 15" Scorpins for Monoters to finish my PA system. Also have other cabs and heads if I have Company come by to jam. Picture295-1.jpg It's old gear but good for me.[thumbup]

Depends. For Rock/ Metal, an Eden Nemsis N-8, and either the pedal board of the gods, or the ToneLab LE.

For Blues.... maybe straight into the Fender Blues Jr., maybe the ToneLab into the Blues Jr.

Amps

100_1597-2.jpg

I have a nice spice rack to populate the PBotG, so it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish as to what is in there. Currently, It's a TU-2 --> PH-3 --> PS-5-->MT2-->CE-5-->DD7.

Spices (less the Pepperoni)

100_1604.jpg

ETA pics

Guitar -> Pedal Board:

Poly Tune -> Tube Screamer (TS-10 but soon to be replaced by BYOC Overdrive 2) -> Marshall Guv'nor -> TC Electronics Repeater -> Digitech Hardwire Reverb -> Amp:

Ceriatone Over Tone Special amp into a Port City 12" Wave Cabinet (Celestion V30).

For rock/metal I have Peavey JSX (Joe Satriani) Head run through a Marshall 1960 A Cab

For Jazz and very warm clean tones I like the Epiphone valve junior

For classical rock/blues I use Laney vc - 15 and/or Fender Blues Jnr

For classical guitar playing as either back ground music or with another loud instrument I use an Ashdown AV-1 Acoustic Radiator

I have a pedal board with a Digitech JamMan, Jim Dunlop Crybaby, Marshall Reverb, Boss MD-2, Boss GE-7 EQ and and Beringer Chorus

For the kind of music I write I really want an e bow

Andy, as a Newbie here, look up a fairly recent thread titled " MAN CAVES ".............good stuff..........

My house went away some years back, and a recent Man Cave needed to be disassembled.......

My gal and I are deciding on a new place, or a purchace of one ( not easy as we are retired ).

Most of my gear is in storage, got tons of it; so, around the house I use a Jet City tube combo,

a Vox tube amp with a 4X12 cab, boss gt-10, pared down recording gear, and lots of guitars...

Many members here, you included, have some interesting rigs.....good stuff...

Find that thread MAN CAVES, good stuff..

( I wish I had dem00n's rig; nothing to trip over, nothing worth stealing, and it all fits under the bed. )

JUST KIDDING Dem00n !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

For Metal/Rock, I run through a Boogie Dual Rectifier head and just the Dime Dunlop Wha;

For Blues, I run through a brand new OCD overdrive, the Wha, a Viper Vibe T-Rex, in a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

Hi,

For Metal/Rock, I run through a Boogie Dual Rectifier head and just the Dime Dunlop Wha;

For Blues, I run through a brand new OCD overdrive, the Wha, a Viper Vibe T-Rex, in a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder overdrive?? lol

I use a Marshal 8080 valvestate combo, i don't have any effects cause i got fed up with them, but i would consider buying a delay pedal again and perhaps a wah.

Generally this

DSC_0005-3.jpg

The 18 watt Marshall handles the dirtier stuff, the Deluxe Reverb does the

clean or the more traditional blues stuff. With the pedal board I can turn

on or off the Deluxe or either channel of the Marshall (one master volumed

one not).

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Sunn T50 C

My pedal board is ever changing, but I have a Swollen Pickle, which I love and use a lot, a 69 fuzz, which i'm still toying with, a russian big muff, which is great, a carbon copy delay which gets used for a couple of songs, and then I still need to play around with my other pedals to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Sunn amps are pretty sweet, if you see one, pick it up. They can often be had for less than 400 bucks, and are killer especially for the price

Archived