Gibson Brands Forums

NGD gibby

dem00n

Sheesh....

Here I was thinkin' you were a really nice kid growing up to be a great old person and then you do that.

Made this old gray hair wanna fall out -- or turn green from being jealous!

<chortle>

Hey, seriously I couldn't be happier for you. That's a great old guitar that with a setup that makes you happy should be a classic you'll love to play until you're way older than I am now.

I've heard that model guitar do jazz, but also cowboy stuff. I think it'll do anything you want it to if you put your mark on the music from inside your head. Rock or anything, it'll work fine and be your own personal sound others will try to figure out and ... try to hide their own jealousy.

Good on yah, truly.

m

EDIT: I'm not sure, but some of the older models had, I think, wooden knobs. The pickup looks either original or closest thing. Great guitar.

Very Sweet Man Congrats!!!!! You must have not been waiting for yours to come through FedEX Like me all freakin day for nothing so it would have been NGD for me too! Uh..... sorry got a little side tracked. That thing is extremely cool !!!!!! msp_thumbup.gif

Sheesh....

Here I was thinkin' you were a really nice kid growing up to be a great old person and then you do that.

Made this old gray hair wanna fall out -- or turn green from being jealous!

<chortle>

Hey, seriously I couldn't be happier for you. That's a great old guitar that with a setup that makes you happy should be a classic you'll love to play until you're way older than I am now.

I've heard that model guitar do jazz, but also cowboy stuff. I think it'll do anything you want it to if you put your mark on the music from inside your head. Rock or anything, it'll work fine and be your own personal sound others will try to figure out and ... try to hide their own jealousy.

Good on yeah, truly.

m

EDIT: I'm not sure, but some of the older models had, I think, wooden knobs. The pickup looks either original or closest thing. Great guitar.

Ha ha, well im sorry.

Yeah it can do jazz or anything really involving clean tone, not so great with a little bit of gain, but i didn't buy it to play gain with. Started getting serious with jazz, figure this would be a perfect way to start.

Its all original to.

Thanks everyone! :D

Very nice man! msp_thumbup.gif

Two questions:

1. How does it sound acoustically?

2. Does it whine if you turn the gain up too high?

It sounds great acoustically, not as loud as a normal hollowbody since its a thin body, buts its louder then a solid body.

It doesn't really whine when i turn the gain to high, it just sorta sounds weak. I would need to put a distortion pedal and amp distortion to get decent rock or metal levels of gain out of the P-90's.

Archived