Gibson Brands Forums

Shania Twain

grampa

There were a couple major league pitchers who traded wives a number of years ago. I want to say they were on the California Angels, but I might be wrong about that. They were best friends and their wives became the same. They socialized all the time and they all just fell in love with each other's spouses. Apparently the splits and re-marriages were with good intentions for all concerned and they had a double marriage for the "second inning."

Reminds me of a small town "split" some decades ago that saw two well known couples functionally swap spouses.

The two guys then were "husbands in law," went the local joke.

m

Had a similar 'double swap' happen in my home town back when I was a school boy. Apparently these two couples went to a Republican party convention and came back with separate spouses. Must have been in '71 or '72. I think one, newly formed couple, had a 'thing' going for some time. The other two formed in retaliation. The retaliatory coupling didn't last 6 months. The kids, my age, were devastated. I don't think the other couple lasted either.

I'm sure there are plenty of instances to refute this, but I always suggested to friends and acquaintances that it seems to me that the longevity of marriages formed after an affair isn't all that much. But such observations might just spotlight me as a grouchy old man. On the other hand, I ain't kiddin' on this one.

<grin>

m

I'm sure there are plenty of instances to refute this, but I always suggested to friends and acquaintances that it seems to me that the longevity of marriages formed after an affair isn't all that much. But such observations might just spotlight me as a grouchy old man. On the other hand, I ain't kiddin' on this one.

<grin>

m

Might be the lack of trust......?

:unsure:

Yup no matter how pretty they are, their sh!t still stinks and somebody somewhere is sick of putting up with them. horses for courses, personally i think she's a manky old boot and wouldnt have any desire to spend time with her. howevere there was a rather "interesting" adult themed video of her doing the rounds on the internet a few years back, without giving too much away she was on all fours and i think she was feeling like a woman at that point

Archived