Gibson Brands Forums

A fight broke out at my gig tonight

krock

The gig itself went smoothly but at the end this rasist gang (mainly just teenagers and guys in their twenties with no job and living off the old rock and roll (pardon my use of cockney) from my town comes into the club I'm playing in and a fight breaks out. Why do chavs have to ruin everything? :/

No job and living off the old rock and roll?

Living on tax-payer funded government give-aways?

Use of cockney?

Slang?

Chavs?

You're gonna have to translate for us "Colonials."

[woot]

God I love the word "Chav"....Have only heard it used in some Devvo vid's...but just the word itself..is just..priceless...Isn't a Chav a "wanna-be" black gangbanger so to speak?

No job and living off the old rock and roll?

Living on tax-payer funded government give-aways?

Use of cockney?

Slang?

Chavs?

You're gonna have to translate for us "Colonials."

[woot]

I've got some British friends.......British slang is a lot of fun..There's a great on-line British slang dictionary.........interesting stuff Neo..

The gig itself went smoothly but at the end this rasist gang (mainly just teenagers and guys in their twenties with no job and living off the old rock and roll (pardon my use of cockney) from my town comes into the club I'm playing in and a fight breaks out. Why do chavs have to ruin everything? :/

Sorry to hear about that Krock.....as long as the fight stays away from the band and stage, or follows you all after the show, it ain't as bad as it could end up........

chav-scum.jpg

Chavs - originally comes from the gypsies in Britain who call their kids especially 'chavies' it has taken on a life of it's own now and has come to mean what the people in the picture above look like - maybe 'white trash' in the US is a good equivalent?'

Cockney - rarely used properly anymore and hijacked by the type of people in the picture above, to sound hard *** like

yep on the rock and roll = on the doll (welfare)

It is looking good isn't it!!! LMAO

see we don't all wear hats and go to the theatre in the UK ;) msp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif We have chavs!

[scared] ................[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] ................................Lots of great guitar players in the UK as well.......even though they use VALVE amps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only upside I can think of is that it will get us into the local papers. I didnt stick around to watch the fight so I dunno if anyone got hurt. My mates jst all picked up my gear and legged it to the van :L

Krok,

Sad that a few idiots have to ruin things for everyone else. Glad to hear that you are alright.

I don't believe in senseless violence. I do believe in protecting myself.

Maybe you should get one of these:

guitar-gun.jpg

Willy

Wow, that looks awesome. Is that your own? Do you know if they do it in an electric guitar version?

Gosh, down in the southern U.S. you expect at least one bar fight per night- (ever seen ROADHOUSE?)

Whenever you get a bunch of folks drinking, someone always seems to turn into an idiot.

I don't care what goes on in the audience- we usually just keep playing through, however, as soon as it reaches the stage, I turn into Keith Richards- this is MY stage, and if you want to be on it- get your own band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1bM0pp_o4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYVLrHRI2sI&NR=1

I hate the word 'chav' and all it stands for

Even saying it makes me nauseous

Representing as it does the least interesting echelon of society

Vainly trying to attain some 'status' within their peer group

Often members of those infamous 'benefit dynasties' where several generations have never worked

Wearing the pathetic 'hoodie' as a badge of honour

A real challenge for the Social Workers etc who have to interact with them......

V

:-({|=

Gosh, down in the southern U.S. you expect at least one bar fight per night- (ever seen ROADHOUSE?)

Whenever you get a bunch of folks drinking, someone always seems to turn into an idiot.

I don't care what goes on in the audience- we usually just keep playing through, however, as soon as it reaches the stage, I turn into Keith Richards- this is MY stage, and if you want to be on it- get your own band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1bM0pp_o4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYVLrHRI2sI&NR=1

Its not the fighting itself that worries me, its more my fear of my gear getting damaged. Like I also tend to borrow gear belonging to other people, so I have to be quite protective over it. Also people dont understand how much gear costs to replace. A fight broke out at one of my mates gigs and his vintage fender princeton got trashed, so he ended up taking the guy to court about it. Think the next gig I'm doing has bouncers anyway. It's my mates 18th and he wanted me to do a set.

I...

Often members of those infamous 'benefit dynasties' where several generations have never worked

Wearing the pathetic 'hoodie' as a badge of honour

A real challenge for the Social Workers etc who have to interact with them......

Like those people on "Shameless"?

Funny show. Guess it's not so funny in reality.

chav-scum.jpg

Chavs - originally comes from the gypsies in Britain who call their kids especially 'chavies' it has taken on a life of it's own now and has come to mean what the people in the picture above look like - maybe 'white trash' in the US is a good equivalent?'

Cockney - rarely used properly anymore and hijacked by the type of people in the picture above, to sound hard *** like

yep on the rock and roll = on the doll (welfare)

It is looking good isn't it!!! LMAO

Is that one in the front Alvin Lee's kid? :-k

Whatever happened to "The MODS", anyway?

Looking closer at the photo, I believe the ringleaders have been ID'd....

chav-scum.jpg

I think mods were only around in the 60's although you do get the odd younger person who dresses that way and is just classed a wierdo because noone understands it.

I hope their ringleader goes to jail for a long time, I cant tell you enough how much I hate that kid :) Gd to see you had fun editing that image though :L

Archived