Gibson Brands Forums

PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 24 Charcoal Burst Quilt 10

rocketman

Thyat is gorgeous. I had a highly-flamed 1995 Custom 24 (wide-thin) w/ birds in that color that I sold in 1999. Traded a Martin D-28 for it.

Here locally PRS guitasrs are selling dirt cheap recently, regular Customs on CL can be had for $1200-1500.

I know I'll be very much in the minority on this but I think that guitar looks utterly horrible. There is absolutely nothing about that top and finish I like.

I'm certain it will be a wonderful player, though...[smile]

P.

I know I'll be very much in the minority on this but I think that guitar looks utterly horrible. There is absolutely nothing about that top and finish I like.

I agree. Not a fan of quilted tops or fancy bursts. But, hey, to each his own.

I always like to hear everyone's opinions. Thanks for the comments. Interesting set of tastes here...

Are you considering buying it or is this just a general opinions thread?

It's the exact same as the one you already have and there's no point in owning two of the same guitar. :rolleyes:

I owned a Charcoalburst SC245 for a while and it's a really strange colour in person.

The natural colour of the maple comes through the black finish at times and looks almost fleshy.

That's a beautiful quilt top but I wouldn't buy another guitar in that finish if given the choice.

I still like mine better. [biggrin]

Archived