Gibson Brands Forums

Your last guitar purchase

cavsrock08

I was curious about everyones last guitar purchase. What was it?

I am also curious about how much time in between that guitar and the previous one. For example

I started playing in 2006. I had some crappy strat copy and that was that. In 2009 with some help I bought a Schecter Omen 6. Now I am getting itchy for a new one. Cant afford it right now but maybe some serious saving and a little grad present to myself and I might pick something up.

How about you?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two weeks ago; A 40 year old Epi one piece body Epi electric........a great VINTAGE guitar.........

Four weeks ago: A new Epi Riviera P-3 with gold hardware and Bigsby

Eight weeks ago; A Goldtop with a P-90

Twelve weeks ago; Another double neck electric....to use strictly as a modding learning platform

Etc etc etc...........

Up and coming; Epi Nighthawk, Epi Riviera Goldtop, and more...............

I will now quote Blues 335 " Oh My Lord !!!!! " [scared] :unsure: [crying][blink][drool][lol]:-k .........

Two weeks ago; A 40 year old Epi one piece body Epi electric........a great VINTAGE guitar.........

Twelve weeks ago; Another double neck electric....to use strictly as a modding learning platform

Etc etc etc...........

I will now quote Blues 335 " Oh My Lord !!!!! " [scared] :unsure: [crying][blink][drool][lol]:-k .........

I am jealous to levels you cant imagine.

Etc etc etc...........

When am i coming over? :D

i'm almost embarrassed to admit this. i bought my Robot LP Junior in Early November. it was followed by my R9 just before Christmas...

in my defense, both these guitars replaced guitars, with the Jr. replacing my Zoot SG, and the R9 replacing my Dark Fire.

there has been a flurry of guitars over the last 4 years or so (basically since i moved to IL). Prior to moving here in 2006, my previous purchase was 6 years earlier, and the one before that was 12 years earlier than that (when i was last gigging regularly and actually getting paid money to do this.) so this "turnover" for me is a recent phenomenon.

with the R9, i have reached sonic bliss: aside from maybe an acoustic, i think i am done for a while. maybe. [biggrin]

Don

My last purchase was my SG Special Faded--that was back in December of 2008.

That was actually my first guitar purchase ever, as before then I had learned on my mom's old Guild classical and my dad's old cheapo steel-string acoustic with beastly action and dull, muffled tone.

Next up will be a Carvin CT6 or a plain ol' Fender Standard Strat. I'll have to see where my budget lies and what my options are, but I'm really gunning for the Carvin--if I can find a used one that's at a good price (which I'm certain I can.) If not, I'll go for the Strat--I need one anyway.

There will be a new amp in my future--I'm looking at a Carvin X100B or a used Marshall JCM 800. Either one will get me a good tone which is usable for what I've been focusing most of my attention on lately--Motorhead and Accept covers. But I digress.

Kimbabig: This is a perfect example why this forum is useful......One can learn and find about music products and advice one may or may not find eleswhere.....

Like these pick-ups.........( Gotta have some )..........[thumbup] .....

My last purchas was in December, a Les Paul Classic Antique. Six years before that was a Godin A6 and a Godin LG. Before that was a 1973 stratocaster. It all started with a Gibson es330 in 1966, this was my first real guitar. I think there was few others that came and went but I can't quite remember.

Kimbabig: This is a perfect example why this forum is useful......One can learn and find about music products and advice one may or may not find eleswhere.....

Like these pick-ups.........( Gotta have some )..........[thumbup] .....

I've got his smoke stacks in my V, they took 8 weeks to arrive but were well worth the wait, they cost the same price as Duncans and you can have him wind them anyway you want, (I ordered mine 0.5k hotter with a Peter Green mod) but I didn't want anything special with the Lizards.

BG pups

In 2007 I bought my Taylor 110. About two and a half, maybe three years prior I bought my SG Special Ltd. I fall in love with different guitars all of the time, but my funds are tied up in my house and trying to make early retirement.

I had not purchased a guitar since November 22nd 2009 so I did not buy any guitars in 2010 which was intentional after a bet with my wife. I have fallen off the wagon already in 2011 and have one on order but I deserved a treat after making it a full year. Prior to this self imposed hiatus i don't think Ive missed a year without buying some kind of guitar since 1981.

I typically average 3-4 guitars a year and I usually sell 1-2 so the herd grows pretty slowly but steadily [unsure]

Holy crap...uh last week I bought a HSC for Kenny (Ken Lawrence Explorer replica), the week before that was paying a luthier to do the finish on Kenny, a few days before that I bought Vanessa of cl (Gibson flying V copy). before that I don't know. Guess it was some cables, stand, and a pedal tuner. I have bought so much sh!t last year.....spent well close to $4000 in new and used gear and projects. Yikes.

Holy crap...uh last week I bought a HSC for Kenny (Ken Lawrence Explorer replica), the week before that was paying a luthier to do the finish on Kenny, a few days before that I bought Vanessa of cl (Gibson flying V copy). before that I don't know. Guess it was some cables, stand, and a pedal tuner. I have bought so much sh!t last year.....spent well close to $4000 in new and used gear and projects. Yikes.

Archived